Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Kid Kare?!
MelissaP 05:45 PM 01-07-2019
Am I able to get my accounting information off of kidkare now that they disabled the "free" version? Seriously.. what the hell-o!

Melissa
Michael 11:19 PM 01-07-2019
Wow, that would be a bait and switch! You should call them. It would be interesting to see if you can retrieve it without having to pay for it.
Cat Herder 05:00 AM 01-08-2019
I would try again today then submit a ticket if it is not working.

Accounting was glitchy yesterday. I did not have access until after 4 pm, parents could not even pay tuition and mine is a paid account.

Invoicing and autopay have been a rough go. Hopefully, they get rid of stripe soon. Stripe has a 1 out of 5 rating online.
hwichlaz 05:12 AM 01-08-2019
if not, pay the $8 and then print out all of your reports for the year...and kiss them goodbye for 2019
Blackcat31 06:13 AM 01-08-2019
If I recall correctly, they (KidKare) told everyone that was currently using the program for free to make sure you print off the info you need if you aren't going to pay the $8 per month for the accounting portion of the software.

I believe this was mid-summer. I also recall them extending the deadline so that everyone had a chance to do this

I just paid the $8 as I have yet to find an alternate program that does what KidKare does. It's definitely not ideal but it's the only option right now.
MelissaP 06:49 AM 01-08-2019
That's probably the problem then... I didn't start until midsummer and had the account through my food program so I got not one memo about this. Nothing.. not even a reminder email. I did send a ticket yesterday and am waiting to hear back but I will just pay the 8 for this month and print everything off and then just cancel it. I use Brightwheel for everything but for the food program I have to use Kid Kare, which I hate it.
Lovisa 09:40 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by MelissaP:
That's probably the problem then... I didn't start until midsummer and had the account through my food program so I got not one memo about this. Nothing.. not even a reminder email. I did send a ticket yesterday and am waiting to hear back but I will just pay the 8 for this month and print everything off and then just cancel it. I use Brightwheel for everything but for the food program I have to use Kid Kare, which I hate it.
I'm not on the food program so I don't need Kidkare for that, but I am still using Minute Menu (they haven't kicked me off yet lol). Does Brightwheel do ALL the same things with accounting, time space %, etc. that MM does?
TomCopeland 10:56 AM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by MelissaP:
Am I able to get my accounting information off of kidkare now that they disabled the "free" version? Seriously.. what the hell-o!

Melissa
Your data on KidKare is saved for three years after you quit using KidKare. So, you will be able to get your accounting info for three years even after you stop using it. It's always a good idea to download your date at least annually, so you have your own copy.
MelissaP 05:40 PM 01-14-2019
I used Brightwheel for a little bit but I didn't care for it. It was just too much work for me to keep track of both programs. The accounting features were lacking. I ditched Brightwheel and have gone back to KidKare and will continue paying the 8.00 a month.

Melissa
hwichlaz 08:47 AM 01-15-2019
Brightwheel only keeps track of parent payments. It has zero accounting otherwise.
Tags:kidkare
Reply Up