Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Waste of Time Interviews
EchoMom 07:56 AM 09-30-2012
I had 3 interviews scheduled for my one infant opening. The interviews are people that already knew my hours, prices, saw my website, I'd answered their questions in email, etc. So I don't just set up interviews willy nilly. But I've had 2 of the interviews already and both decided to go with someone else because of my hours. They knew the hours BEFORE the interview so why waste my time and their's with an interview???

Is it normal to have interviews that are a waste of time and don't turn out, or if you interview someone are you pretty much sure it's going to pan out?

I had one 2 year old interview and she signed up right away, brought contract and deposit same week. It's not like I can't get people or don't have a good program.

I HATE wasting my time. I already work until 5:30 and then to wait around for a 6pm interview that lasts until 6:30 or 6:45 blows my whole evening and time with my own DS!
Blackcat31 08:04 AM 09-30-2012
Aw, sorry that happened.

Try looking at it this way....people alreadyknow your hours and did go with someone else but maybe if things dont work for them with their other choice and they really really like you, they will find a way to make your hours work. That is always a good thing.

I never view any interview as a waste of my time. It is making good community relations and honing my interviewing skills too!
Tags:interview, interview - no luck
Reply Up