Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Centers vs. Complete Free Play... Which to Choose and How to Manage It?
LittleScholars 10:07 AM 09-20-2018
I have centers (ish) set up, but kiddos can move through much of the day freely other than during designated group time (e.g., circle time, group activities). Other than meals, group time is also optional but the kids love it and never pass it up. Last winter was VERY cold and long, as as we head into our months of increased indoor time, I'm starting to think about how "free play" is structured.

For those of you that choose to move kids through centers, how do you do so? Do you find moving kids through centers enhances their day?

In case it is helpful, I'll only have 5 toddlers/preschoolers and we have enough space that even if kiddos all want to work in one center at once we never really feel overloaded. Our outside time needed an overhaul (I recently posted about that), but when we are inside our play is fantastic. Kiddos do gravitate toward the same things daily, and I wonder if I could be supporting them better by encouraging them to explore other centers.
Tags:play centers
Up