Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kids No-Show Today.......
Countrygal 04:34 AM 09-05-2012
Kids didn't show up today. Second day of school. Have no idea why - car problems? Found other care (I am pretty sure they are looking for "cheaper" care)? I've been waiting since 5 and still no call......
Angelsj 04:56 AM 09-05-2012
That drives me crazy. And honestly, I don't care what the excuse. If you are not dead, you can call.
I generally explain that you get one freebie. After that you pay for the time you contracted for that day, whether you show or not. If they already pay for non use days, perhaps a hefty "no call" fee?
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:24 AM 09-05-2012
I would have called at 5:15. You need to know one way or the other.
Kaddidle Care 05:27 AM 09-05-2012
Call them! If they haven't given notice then you'll be getting paid anyway but I get ya on wanting to sleep in if you don't need to get up.

Maybe if you reward them with a $5.00-$10.00 discount at the end of the week if they give you a night before courtesy call on days not needed it might help.

Reward good behavior - just like dog training.
HappyHearts 07:06 AM 09-05-2012
This is a pet peeve of mine, and drives me crazy! I normally give them 1 hour, then i call them. It's so frustrating.
Half-Pint Hide-Out 07:10 AM 09-05-2012
I've added a $20 no-call, no-show fee, as well as having to pay the regular daily rate. They have one hour after the time they are supposed to be here to let me know, or the fee will be added. Since I've added the fee, I've only had one family that has had the fee charged...and they've had it multiple times and get upset each time about it! Once I set the high fee, everyone else realized I was serious about it and started letting me know when they wouldn't be there.
Nickel 10:07 AM 09-05-2012
I call if they arent here 15 min past their contracted time. I tell them that our state is big on the look before you lock and wheres baby campaigns because we ve had several car deaths in my state. So i explain that i will call them if they are late just as a safety measure and will continue calling until i get an answer. Ive yet to have a no show! Ive been called right at drop off time but havent had issues. This way you dont feel like your begging foe thier business but rather following up for the safety of their child
Heidi 10:59 AM 09-05-2012
Country.....I SURE hope you got paid in advance! If not, I'm going to be really mad grrr... at you!!!!

Countrygal 03:33 AM 09-06-2012
Well, I called them three times, texted - still no contact. Finally called the mom and texted. She answered and had the dad contact me. I am more concerned with where the children are than anything - did they break down along the road somewhere or have an accident???? Those are the things I worry about.

It was car trouble - he planned to stay home that day and just "forgot to mention it".

I DO get a flat fee right now for one, but the two before school kids are by the hour, but once they go on assistance I won't. I think then I'll charge a no-call fee. Good idea.

They DID finally show, about 2+ hours late. His car has been out of service for several days and he couldn't find a ride. No reason at all for not calling me.
He received a "lecture" from me, but don't know if it'll help.
Reply Up