Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>need suggestions please....
Childcare-yps 02:46 PM 04-09-2018
What we should do if kid is coughing a lot using inhaler from 1 week and on antibiotic but nothing was helping him, parents also worried but couldn't take home due to work. Please suggest what we need as he is coughing a lot and still coming daycare and all kids affecting.
Unregistered 04:17 PM 04-09-2018
It is the parent's responsibility to care for him when sick and to make sure he has a plan with his medical provider for his health care needs. Daycare and preschool are for sick children. Parents need to work out a plan with their medical provider.
Unregistered 04:18 PM 04-09-2018
Sorry, meant to say daycare and preschool are for well children, not sick children. Too bad parents have to work, but if they are worried, they must address this/
Blackcat31 04:59 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Childcare-yps:
parents also worried but couldn't take home due to work.
Sorry but work doesn’t come before your kid.

This is a parent issue not a daycare issue.
Childcare-yps 05:22 PM 04-09-2018
I am keep telling her that he gets so exhausted with cough and she is like ya i need to check with doctor why antibiotic and inhaler not working but she is not taking him home.... should i ask doctor note tat he is good for daycare...? or what protocol i should follow...? They are actually good parents but their kid suffering a lot and they took 3 days offs for him but he didnt recover so he keep sending to daycare now but i am in trouble now as others are getting sick and affected it seems....

Please tell me what should i tell her to understand my situation also not only hers side....
Blackcat31 05:37 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Childcare-yps:
I am keep telling her that he gets so exhausted with cough and she is like ya i need to check with doctor why antibiotic and inhaler not working but she is not taking him home.... should i ask doctor note tat he is good for daycare...? or what protocol i should follow...? They are actually good parents but their kid suffering a lot and they took 3 days offs for him but he didnt recover so he keep sending to daycare now but i am in trouble now as others are getting sick and affected it seems....

Please tell me what should i tell her to understand my situation also not only hers side....
Just say you understand her issue but you can’t let one child’s situation affect everyone else.

Sometimes decisions are for the greater good of all but that does mean it will seem unfair to a few.

You’re responsibility is to the group of kids as a whole not just one family’s situation.
Snowmom 07:20 PM 04-09-2018
Do you have an illness policy?

I would stop allowing them to drop off a sick child. That's not an option for them. YOU have the final say if/when the child is too sick for daycare based on his symptoms.
Reply Up