Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Part Time Question
tenderhearts 01:21 PM 06-30-2010
I have another question, I was trying to do away with part time but looks like I may have to do it for awhile. So my question is if they are contracted for 3 days per week say mon, wed, friday and they call in sick on wednesday do you allow them at no charge to change to say thursday if you have an opening or do you charge an additional fee for that day? Ugh thanks.
momma2girls 01:29 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I have another question, I was trying to do away with part time but looks like I may have to do it for awhile. So my question is if they are contracted for 3 days per week say mon, wed, friday and they call in sick on wednesday do you allow them at no charge to change to say thursday if you have an opening or do you charge an additional fee for that day? Ugh thanks.
I do not- they have to be contracted certain days all the time. Ex. M/W/F every week, so if they miss out, they miss out.
momofboys 01:30 PM 06-30-2010
I would not allow it. You planned on them coming on X day, if they are sick it is not your fault. I would not permit them to change days.
tenderhearts 01:37 PM 06-30-2010
So you just don't give them the opportunity to pay for a different day if they need it? I feel that would start something. See that's my problem now, I have a dcg who is 4 1/2 and has been with me since she was 6 mo old and from the beginning I have allowed him to change his days and I hate it, or if they are out sick he'll just change the day and I can't say anything now but it makes things difficult and inconvenient at times, I don't want to make the same mistake but then I also want to be "fair"
Golden Rule 01:38 PM 06-30-2010
No. You can then fill your Tuesday & Thursday slot. The goal is a complete income.

See, I am learning from this site....
momma2girls 02:15 PM 06-30-2010
So you just don't give them the opportunity to pay for a different day if they need it? I feel that would start something. See that's my problem now, I have a dcg who is 4 1/2 and has been with me since she was 6 mo old and from the beginning I have allowed him to change his days and I hate it, or if they are out sick he'll just change the day and I can't say anything now but it makes things difficult and inconvenient at times, I don't want to make the same mistake but then I also want to be "fair"
You need to change this on your new contract- or just give them a note saying on July 1st or ? I will no longer be accepting any changes on what days your child can come here. They need to have set days and keep these days, even if sick, holidays, etc. I have been thru this as well, and hated it, and needed to change it fast. I have not allowed any changes now for aobut 4 yrs.
tenderhearts 02:38 PM 06-30-2010
I did change it for my new contract but I can't change it on this family, I just wouldn't feel right about it. 4 1/4 yrs ago when she started they only needed 2 days, so because I had a 3 day minimum they did it as a floating day just kind of whenever they needed it since they didnt' need that day. They have been the best clients I've ever had in my whole 13 yrs of daycare. At the beginning of the semester where his wife teaches he'll tell me what days it will be but on the occassion he'll change it, he asks but I just can't say no, I only have less than a year left with her so I'll stick it out with her but never again with no one else.
So how do you word this in your contract? In my contract they put their days but do you put in there that they can't change their days as well or do you just tell them or they assume?
All these years my contract has been the same, have had no problems with little things well and some bigger things until this last year so I'm making big changes to it. Down to how people freakin park at my house geez.
nannyde 02:50 PM 06-30-2010
The parent must pay for ANY day their child misses child care for any reason. If your child is absent any day of the week you are still responsible to drop them off and pick them up at the contracted times each attending day thereafter. We do not make up any time for missed days. Absences on one day do not allow you to use more day care hours on any other day. Part time children can not attend the day care on an unscheduled day to make up for a missed scheduled day.
Michael 02:51 PM 06-30-2010
More info on Part Time Care: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=part+time
professionalmom 04:46 PM 06-30-2010
What about saying something in the contract that states, "changes in schedule must be approved by the provider"? This would mean that you have the right to approved or reject the changes. Then, if they are booked for M, W, & F, you can make an appointment for Tues. Then if they need to change it, you reserve the right to say, "I'm sorry but I can't". However, if you don't have anything planned and are feeling generous, you can say, "Sure. No problem."
momma2girls 06:25 PM 06-30-2010
THis is what I have written in my contract-
Every child must be contracted for 3-5 days per week. Also the day of the week ex. M/w/f would be specified as well. I will do daycare for your child on other non- contracted days only if I have an opening for that day and there will be an additional amt. owed to me for this day.
professionalmom 06:28 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
THis is what I have written in my contract-
Every child must be contracted for 3-5 days per week. Also the day of the week ex. M/w/f would be specified as well. I will do daycare for your child on other non- contracted days only if I have an opening for that day and there will be an additional amt. owed to me for this day.
Where's the "like" button? I like how this is worded.
momma2girls 06:46 PM 06-30-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
Where's the "like" button? I like how this is worded.
THanks!!!!
Tags:part time
Reply Up