Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can I Just Mention?
laundrymom 10:36 AM 02-09-2011
It is great to be able to have co workers. Thanks everyone. It's a nice group we have.
SandeeAR 10:36 AM 02-09-2011
Overall, most of the time it is a good group of folks.
cillybean83 10:37 AM 02-09-2011
*hugs* it really is kind of like having co workers!
countrymom 10:40 AM 02-09-2011
your right, its nice to acually talk to people, otherwise I would go stir crazy. I should mention I have a union too, its made up of 4 children which belong to me, its very interesting some days.
AnythingsPossible 10:41 AM 02-09-2011
I registered a year ago, but didn't really do much on here until this fall. I was in a pretty bad place work wise and didn't know how I was going to keep doing this. My husband and I were talking about it the other day when I was on here and he said that I seem in a better place since I have been posting on here more. It's nice to know that I am not alone in the way I feel at times, and that there are people out there like me!
E Daycare 10:41 AM 02-09-2011
You know I feel the same way and Ive only been on here since December. I dont get out much and spend all my time here at "work". Its nice to come here on lunch and hash out the day and see that everyone has the same issues. My husband thanks you guys for being the outlet to my menial "OMG dck/parent is at it again!" or "this was wonderful because they slept and I found my brain again!" because with most jobs anywhere (unless youre that one new user that works for the Bahamas or in the Bahamas or whatever) there is need to cry, complain, bask in the joy and look for guidance. Im not in contact with others who do the home base daycare and have no one else to turn to.

Im very glad I did a Google search for "wonderful ladies who work at home and scream into their pillows too". I appreciate you guys
lil angels 10:49 AM 02-09-2011
Me too Me too. Love having this here.
Little People 10:53 AM 02-09-2011
I like coming in here too!! I went an bought a little small Acer laptop, so I would not have todrag my big laptop in the daycare rooms all the time. Also I have got and read some great suggestions in here.
cillybean83 11:01 AM 02-09-2011
i have a little netbook that i bring into the playroom too, the kiddos play on their princess and spiderman laptop...so why can't i play on mine too?! lol
Childminder 11:03 AM 02-09-2011
It is nice to talk to someone over the age of 4
kendallina 11:07 AM 02-09-2011
I really like this place too.
My Lil' Monkeys 11:09 AM 02-09-2011
I love it here.. Thank You Everyone!!
dEHmom 11:30 AM 02-09-2011
I found daycare.com in December, and became a member within a few hours. I generally do not join forums, or any website, unless I visit more than a month or two.
I loved all the information that I found on here, and found I was sneaking onto my computer during the night to "research" something else.

I don't have the most supportive of husbands, and he often makes fun of me and calls me a "nerd" because I am always coming on here. But I too have been much happier a person, less fighting between hubby and I, since I found daycare.com.

I have for many years struggled because I was a stay at home mom. Often in bed by 8pm, asleep by 10pm. No real friends to gossip with. Don't get me wrong I have plenty of friends, but no one I can just have coffee with and chat!

Everyday before dck's arrive, I grab a coffee and I check on daycare.com. Everyday when dck's nap, I check daycare.com, lunch times, and after dck's leave as well. Sometimes in the evening I come on here, and even on the weekends.

My computer is on 100% of the time, and daycare.com is ALWAYS on. That way, if I have a question, concern or just a few free minutes to do whatever, I can do it quickly.

I want to thank all the ladies who have fought with me, shared information with me, given me advice, and befriended me. Even you Michael who is clearly not a lady

I fully intend to buy a netbook now!
DCMomOf3 11:32 AM 02-09-2011
I couldn't have said it better dEHmom! I really came out of low cycle when I found this place. I really am glad Michael had the insight to make a board like this that I can be an active part in.
MommyMuffin 11:37 AM 02-09-2011
I love this site and all of you as well. To be honest I think I am addicted. haha!! I dont think I would be doing as well at daycare or able to be positive through the rough times if not for talking with others in my shoes.

Is there help out there for those addicted to daycare.com?
Blackcat31 11:39 AM 02-09-2011
I love it here too! The only downfall is I used to spend the time before the kiddos arrived, and nap time to do my homework but now I find myself on this forum instead!! It is definately cutting into my school time but I view it as just as eductional, if not more!! I too, have learned some very valuable hints, tricks, tips and much needed support from being on here! I like a pp wish we could all get together and be friendly in person but this is the next best thing!!! Thank you all!!

Mommymuffin...we could start a support group....?!? LOL!!
Abigail 12:20 PM 02-09-2011
I really love this site. I obviously don't have my own daycare yet so I'm on all the time if anyone's noticed. LOL...besides while I working at my part time office job while I wait to buy a house and begin daycare. This week I've focused a lot on child care and so happy to be on this site and share my opinions. It's not only daycare related, but I share a lot about my cats too, which are my current children.

Very supportive friends-without-a-face forum.
cillybean83 12:49 PM 02-09-2011
i met my 2 very best friends on an infertility forum when i was trying to get pregnant with my youngest. we talked a lot of the site, then we friended each other on myspace, then on facebook when myspace started to suck lol, then we exchanged numbers, and now we talk everyday, take vacations to see each other, it's amazing how the internet can lead you to your friend soulmates! lol
juliebug 12:51 PM 02-09-2011
yeah i love coming here too and getting support and people who just understand
Live and Learn 01:21 PM 02-09-2011
Laundry mom,
Nice thread!
I appreciate all of you and your professional opinions and different perspectives!...good to have co workers.
littlemonkeys 04:05 PM 02-09-2011
I agree, it is so nice to have co-workers that understand. I was an unregistered user for sucha long time and I'm so happy that I officially joined the group.

You are all GREAT!!!
Luna 04:28 PM 02-09-2011
100% agree. It's SOOOO nice to chat with adults
AAA713 04:42 PM 02-09-2011
I'm glad I found this forum also! I've been a member for a year (just recently changed my username and started over). I've learned alot of great information from you all! Thanks for being here!
countrymom 05:16 PM 02-09-2011
funny how many of you mention friends. I really don't have friends that I hang out with, I have aquantances. (ok I have 1 dcm who I hang out with and so does dh) but other than that its really no one. Do others have the same thing. I have to admit thou, I kinda like it that way, I really don't have time for drama with a friend or going out all the time. I would rather sit on my porch (when its not -23) and watch the cars drive by.
SandeeAR 05:18 PM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
i met my 2 very best friends on an infertility forum when i was trying to get pregnant with my youngest. we talked a lot of the site, then we friended each other on myspace, then on facebook when myspace started to suck lol, then we exchanged numbers, and now we talk everyday, take vacations to see each other, it's amazing how the internet can lead you to your friend soulmates! lol
Cillybean, please check your PM.
E Daycare 06:11 PM 02-09-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
funny how many of you mention friends. I really don't have friends that I hang out with, I have aquantances. (ok I have 1 dcm who I hang out with and so does dh) but other than that its really no one. Do others have the same thing. I have to admit thou, I kinda like it that way, I really don't have time for drama with a friend or going out all the time. I would rather sit on my porch (when its not -23) and watch the cars drive by.
I feel the exact same way. I have two gf that I see maybe once every 3-4 months for a drink here and there and I tried mommy groups but when it comes down to it I like being low key. I can come and go as I please on here, no one pressures me to buy something I dont really need and the advice is great. We live atop a hill over looking the valley and Ill join you as you watch the cars drive by your porch as I watch the cars drive by me in the valley below.
melskids 02:19 AM 02-10-2011
i love everyone here too. like others have mentioned, its so nice to come here and chat, as my hubby doesn't really want to hear it, and he wouldn't understand anyway.

even though i usually stay out of heated debates, i love everyone's different opinions. even if i sometimes think someone may be wrong, its great to see things from a different perspective, and i've learned alot from everyone.

thank you ladies!!!! <3
missnikki 06:44 AM 02-10-2011
I sure missed a good thread yesterday, huh?

Put me down for addicted and glad to have it! You all are like my co-workers in the classroom sometimes. I only wish there were more center-based directors to chat with on occasion- it seems like my problems don't always relate here.

I feel like I have coffee with you all every morning and it feels way more productive than just 'surfing the net' or whatever. The parents like to come by my desk and I always scroll up so they see "DAYCARE" in really big letters and I don't feel like I'm busted.
Lilbutterflie 06:53 AM 02-10-2011
I agree, I love this forum! I am also addicted during my free time. It is a wonderful outlet for us, and my DH is thankful for it b/c I am usually in a much better mood these days then before I found this forum!

You ladies are all so supportive and offer wonderful advice! I know it can get nasty sometimes, but that is common on all internet forums.

Thank you for my making my days more enjoyable!!
momatheart 09:47 AM 02-10-2011
I have not been on here long and I love reading posts here.
It is nice to have people who understand what day to day life is like with children all day.
Kind of like Misery loves company
Michael 06:44 PM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
I found daycare.com in December, and became a member within a few hours. I generally do not join forums, or any website, unless I visit more than a month or two.
I loved all the information that I found on here, and found I was sneaking onto my computer during the night to "research" something else.

I want to thank all the ladies who have fought with me, shared information with me, given me advice, and befriended me. Even you Michael who is clearly not a lady
This makes my day. I just read this thread all the way through. Really makes it worthwhile for all the times I've check in, even on my iPhone while dining out for dinner.

Originally Posted by missnikki:
I sure missed a good thread yesterday, huh?

Put me down for addicted and glad to have it! You all are like my co-workers in the classroom sometimes. I only wish there were more center-based directors to chat with on occasion- it seems like my problems don't always relate here.

I feel like I have coffee with you all every morning and it feels way more productive than just 'surfing the net' or whatever. The parents like to come by my desk and I always scroll up so they see "DAYCARE" in really big letters and I don't feel like I'm busted.
This is SO funny. I speak around the world regarding the power of the brands and your DAYCARE quote is going to be part of my next speech in Uruguay later this month.

Originally Posted by E Daycare:
You know I feel the same way and Ive only been on here since December. I dont get out much and spend all my time here at "work". Its nice to come here on lunch and hash out the day and see that everyone has the same issues. My husband thanks you guys for being the outlet to my menial "OMG dck/parent is at it again!" or "this was wonderful because they slept and I found my brain again!" because with most jobs anywhere (unless youre that one new user that works for the Bahamas or in the Bahamas or whatever) there is need to cry, complain, bask in the joy and look for guidance. Im not in contact with others who do the home base daycare and have no one else to turn to.

Im very glad I did a Google search for "wonderful ladies who work at home and scream into their pillows too". I appreciate you guys
I actually just did a search for "Wonderful Ladies Who Work At Home And Scream Into Their Pillows Too" and Daycare.com/forum came up #1 in the search. Too funny!
missnikki 07:00 AM 02-11-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
This is SO funny. I speak around the world regarding the power of the brands and your DAYCARE quote is going to be part of my next speech in Uruguay later this month.
Tell ya what. I'll proudly tell it in person. Just might take the long way back home, through Brazil.
dEHmom 07:38 AM 02-11-2011
"This makes my day. I just read this thread all the way through. Really makes it worthwhile for all the times I've check in, even on my iPhone while dining out for dinner.
ed"

Michael, awwwwwwww......

So what is it you actually do all day if you have time to read through a bunch of women ranting on daycare forum's threads?!?! haha jk. And are you now signing your name as ed? lol
Michael 09:38 AM 02-11-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
"This makes my day. I just read this thread all the way through. Really makes it worthwhile for all the times I've check in, even on my iPhone while dining out for dinner.
ed"

Michael, awwwwwwww......

So what is it you actually do all day if you have time to read through a bunch of women ranting on daycare forum's threads?!?! haha jk. And are you now signing your name as ed? lol
That must be Ed" for Edit which I can do right now. Michael"
Tags:assistance, co workers, positive
Reply Up