Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ever Not Recognize a DCP?
DaveA 03:48 AM 06-11-2020
Anyone ever not recognize a DCP they haven't seen in a while when they came to pick up their child?

DCB11m has been coming a couple months now. DCD handles drop off/ pickup because he drives right by me for work. So I've seen DCM a couple times after the interviews & not in at least a month. DCM picks up last night. Completely different hair cut (maybe new color?) & no glasses. As I'm asking for ID and who they are their voice clicks in my brain that it's DCM. At least DCM found it funny. I'm not going to hear the end of this one for a while. Whoops.
284878 05:27 AM 06-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Anyone ever not recognize a DCP they haven't seen in a while when they came to pick up their child?

DCB11m has been coming a couple months now. DCD handles drop off/ pickup because he drives right by me for work. So I've seen DCM a couple times after the interviews & not in at least a month. DCM picks up last night. Completely different hair cut (maybe new color?) & no glasses. As I'm asking for ID and who they are their voice clicks in my brain that it's DCM. At least DCM found it funny. I'm not going to hear the end of this one for a while. Whoops.
Been there, those hands off parents (Don't come for tour or do any pick up or drop off regularly) are sometimes hard to recognize.
I actually have a id policy that says if you are not main pick up then expect to be carded.
Snowmom 06:41 AM 06-11-2020
Yes/No.
DCB has been here 6 months now. Mom does 100% of the drop off/pick up.
Last Friday, She came with DCD to pick up and I said "Hi, I don't think we met before". He didn't laugh and said, "I was here the first week".
Hmm. Sorry?
e.j. 07:44 AM 06-11-2020
I haven't had a problem recognizing a dcp yet but I'm sure it'll happen to me one of these days. I have pulled a complete blank on the name of a dcp as I was trying to introduce her to newly enrolled parents. This was a dc parent I had seen every day for several years because I had both of her kids in my care! For some reason, I just blanked on her name that day! Very embarrassing!
AmyKidsCo 12:09 PM 06-11-2020
Not a dcp, but once hubby and I were confused by a lady in the grocery store acting like she knew us. Turns out it was our daughter's future mother-in-law.
Cat Herder 01:11 PM 06-11-2020
I currently have one DCD I have never met and two others I have not seen for over two years. All are still married to the mother of their children.

I fully plan to ask for ID. Just because.
Tags:daycare environment, recognition issues
Reply Up