Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Hello!
mrw_mn 12:07 PM 07-18-2013
Hello everyone! I have been a longtime "lurker", we have been contemplating making this change for a long time and this summer it is happening!

My husband and I both work(ed) long retail hours, 1.5 hours away from our home. When this change happened this June, we knew it was time to make the change. My husband is staying with his job and I am now home with our kids, preparing our home and family for our new business.

have a business management degree and worked 12 years in leadership (coaching, developing, mentoring adults). I am looking forward to using those skills I learned with children! Many of the concepts are the same - teaching self discovery, engaging in productive conversation, teaching self-accountability.

I have 3 kids of my own - 12, 7 and 3. My two oldest went to daycare and now are in school. Neither was fully prepared for school and still struggle with reading (I worked retail and found good care that fit the hours, wasn't necessarily care that helped prepare them). So the focus of my program will be on preparing children for kindergarten - focusing on social, emotional, literacy, cognitive and physical development. I have been attending a lot of trainings and start another program in August. Eventually I may go back to school for a few specialized early childhood courses to add to my business degree.

I am in Minnesota and will be licensed within the next month, my final step is bringing my agreement and handbook to the county for their records and then the visit!

I am working on my handbook and would much appreciate seeing examples from some of the experienced providers on here! Please share if you are willing! Thank you!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Michelle
Blackcat31 12:10 PM 07-18-2013
Welcome to the forum!

I am also in MN so welcome fellow Minnesotan!
Familycare71 08:46 PM 07-18-2013
Welcome!!! . Sounds like you'll have a great program!
Michael 11:25 PM 07-18-2013
Welcome Michelle
mema 07:29 AM 07-19-2013
Welcome! MN here too! Good luck on opening and may you fill fast
kimmills 09:56 PM 07-19-2013
Welcome Michelle and good luck for your new venture. Hope you find great success. And most of all, you will find here very good people to guide you through. Most of them are very experienced in their fields.
Tags:minnesota, minnesota member
Reply Up