Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Facebook Advertising...
daycarediva 09:25 AM 02-19-2015
My waiting list is almost exhausted/only has younger infants and I have 1 opening now that I am interviewing for, 1 in May and 2 in June. So I put an ad up on facebook, I set it per click and set the demographic as 25-45 year old people with kids 1-3 and 4-6 or something like that.

I have had two clicks and one phone call. THE PHONE CALL. OMG.

"Hello, this is X daycare."

"Dis a daycare? I was on the facebook and saw ya'lls name"

"Yes, this is X daycare."

"You take DSS payment?"

"No I do not, I only accept private pay."

"Nah, you gotta take DSS pay. My worker told me ya'll gotta take it."

"No, I do not. I only accept private pay."

"Private pay? What dat is?"

"When you pay for your child's care yourself. Cash, check or credit card."

"Na I don't gots to pay. The state pay my kid daycare. I gots to go to school."

"Well that won't work for me. Good luck on your search for childcare."

"Where you at? I need you later."

"That's not how my enrollment process works, and I only accept CASH, CHECK or CREDIT CARD payments. You should call your worker and ask her for daycare recommendations."

"What time you open till?"

"I have to go now, call your worker. Thank you for your interest."

and I hung up. I was trying to get a better fit with the ad. I've had 4 interviews and I got red flags/bad vibes from all 4. At this rate, I will never fill my spaces.
AmyKidsCo 09:31 AM 02-19-2015

Yikes!!
spinnymarie 09:46 AM 02-19-2015
OMG. That's too bad. HOpefully it will pan out!
melilley 09:50 AM 02-19-2015

I had a call similar to that last year. Not dds, but the woman said she was moving here in a couple of months and could I take her son. I explained that I wouldn't know until closer to that date. She kept saying "well I want to bring him there. When we move, I'll bring him there." I tried to tell her that I may not have any openings and she still insisted she bring him here.
Shell 10:18 AM 02-19-2015
I was thinking about advertising on FB, but won't now
daycarediva 10:35 AM 02-19-2015
Maybe when people get out of work and see the ad I will get someone normal interested!
Meeko 04:58 PM 02-19-2015
I DO take state payments, but have had similar phone calls. One mom got really snotty when I told her how much I charged. She told me that I had to take whatever the state paid and they didn't cover all my charge. I told her she would have to make up the difference herself and she started arguing with me!

I told her to call her case worker. She swore at me and told me that I was going to be in sooo much trouble..I just hung up.
daycare 05:59 PM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
My waiting list is almost exhausted/only has younger infants and I have 1 opening now that I am interviewing for, 1 in May and 2 in June. So I put an ad up on facebook, I set it per click and set the demographic as 25-45 year old people with kids 1-3 and 4-6 or something like that.

I have had two clicks and one phone call. THE PHONE CALL. OMG.

"Hello, this is X daycare."

"Dis a daycare? I was on the facebook and saw ya'lls name"

"Yes, this is X daycare."

"You take DSS payment?"

"No I do not, I only accept private pay."

"Nah, you gotta take DSS pay. My worker told me ya'll gotta take it."

"No, I do not. I only accept private pay."

"Private pay? What dat is?"

"When you pay for your child's care yourself. Cash, check or credit card."

"Na I don't gots to pay. The state pay my kid daycare. I gots to go to school."

"Well that won't work for me. Good luck on your search for childcare."

"Where you at? I need you later."

"That's not how my enrollment process works, and I only accept CASH, CHECK or CREDIT CARD payments. You should call your worker and ask her for daycare recommendations."

"What time you open till?"

"I have to go now, call your worker. Thank you for your interest."

and I hung up. I was trying to get a better fit with the ad. I've had 4 interviews and I got red flags/bad vibes from all 4. At this rate, I will never fill my spaces.
OMG I also don't take state pay and I have people threaten to sue me. I tell them please do.

THanks for sharing this. I want to hear more about how it works out, I am thinking about doing FB advertising as well.

Do you mind me asking how much you have to spend and how many people will it target?
Controlled Chaos 06:26 PM 02-19-2015
I got 1 wonderful enrollment from fb ad, 9 likes to my page and 3 similar weird class
daycarediva 04:07 AM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
OMG I also don't take state pay and I have people threaten to sue me. I tell them please do.

THanks for sharing this. I want to hear more about how it works out, I am thinking about doing FB advertising as well.

Do you mind me asking how much you have to spend and how many people will it target?
You set a limit. I put mine at $25 just to test it out. I also set it per click to my website from the fb ad. I customized the zip code and demographics. Mine is targeted at less than 1,500 people. (I only have a few spaces so that's fine with me.)
daycarediva 04:08 AM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
I got 1 wonderful enrollment from fb ad, 9 likes to my page and 3 similar weird class
there is hope!!! Thanks for the success story!

I got another call last night, but infant care, (don't take infants) she emailed me info for my waiting list for preschool. So that's another potential future enrollment. Just 16 months away. LOL!
amberrose3dg 04:10 AM 11-15-2017
Oh my. I have two openings.
I have had a string of awkward calls lately but not as bad. Mostly people calling and shopping around like it is car insurance wanting the cheapest possible rate. Then i had a lady call with 3 kids two infants and one toddler arguing that I shouldn't charge full rate if her kids aren't there.I do not have any infant openings but if I did I wouldn't ever consider interviewing her.
I take state aided clients but very selective in doing so.
I have had so many when I first opened bring their kids for like 2 weeks and quit their jobs or whatever.
Tags:2015
Reply Up