Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pull Ups at Nap Time
VAmomof4 06:34 AM 08-21-2019
I have a DCM that wants me to tell her daughter (almost 3)to "hold it" during nap time instead of using a pull up. What are your policies on pull ups at naptime? I have always put potty trained kids in pull ups at nap time for sanitary reasons. This is the first time in 10 years I've had a parent pushing back. It is not in my contract but just seems like common sense!
Msdunny 06:51 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by VAmomof4:
I have a DCM that wants me to tell her daughter (almost 3)to "hold it" during nap time instead of using a pull up. What are your policies on pull ups at naptime? I have always put potty trained kids in pull ups at nap time for sanitary reasons. This is the first time in 10 years I've had a parent pushing back. It is not in my contract but just seems like common sense!
I require pull ups at naptime until the child stays dry at nap time for at least 2 weeks. Mom won't be cleaning the mess, you will, so it is non-negotiable. If she won't provide them, charge her for any you have to provide.
happymom 09:52 AM 08-21-2019
For me, that would depend on how reliable she is at nap. If someone told me they were putting my reliably potty trained 3 year old in pull ups for nap, I would laugh at them

That just seems incredibly wasteful.
Ariana 09:56 AM 08-21-2019
I use pullups at naptime until I decide the child is ready to go without them. If they wake up wet every single day then no, they are not ready. If they wake up dry all the time then yes they can go pullup free. I also reuse dry pullups for the same kid so it is not a waste.
Baby Beluga 10:06 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
I require pull ups at naptime until the child stays dry at nap time for at least 2 weeks. Mom won't be cleaning the mess, you will, so it is non-negotiable. If she won't provide them, charge her for any you have to provide.
This is my policy as well.

I treat daytime training and nap/nighttime training as two different things.

Children can wear underwear during awake periods after they remain dry for 2 full weeks.

They can wear underwear during nap time after they remain dry during our nap period for 2 full weeks.

Often times I have a child who is trained and wears underwear during awake periods but is not trained during sleep time and therefore sleeps with a pull-up on.
hwichlaz 10:37 AM 08-21-2019
I don't throw them away unless wet or they are getting ragedy. After about a month of only going through 4-6 pull ups because they are getting torn up but not wet in, I stop using them.
knoxmomof2 08:37 AM 08-22-2019
After 2 weeks completely dry at nap, I let them stay in undies. If they're old enough to be potty trained, they're sleeping in my Ikea tents, so I just put a towel under the tent just in case there's an accident. The tents are completely sprayable in case of an accident. I leave the towel there for quite a while just in case and remove it when I feel it's been long enough. That's assuming no accidents. Accidents mean we go back in PullUps until I feel they've been accident free long enough.
Blackcat31 08:54 AM 08-22-2019
Why can't she hold it with a Pull up on?
Saves your carpet and/or flooring.
If mom disagrees....she can pay your cleaning bill.
Lovisa 08:58 AM 08-22-2019
My toddlers wear pull ups at nap time until they are dry at wake up for a few weeks. No way am I cleaning up urine every day!
Tags:potty training, pull ups
Reply Up