Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Inconsiderate Parent
Debbie@home 09:51 AM 03-18-2020
Hello All,
I need your counsel. I’ve been running a daycare in my home since 2007. I’ve modified my basement area for that purchase. Over the years the parents have expressed their gratitude in how I care for their child/children. Yesterday, I had an encounter with a mom. I asked her if she would bring in more diapers. She brought in a pack of pull ups. Long story short, she said that they are diapers. Well according to Pampers Cruisers- it says diapers. I told her that they function like a pull up and everytime her 16 mon old needs changing I’d have to remove her whole bottom half. She proceeded through texting to tell me that’s what a provider gets paid for, since I have only 2 clients what’s the big deal! I shared with her whether I have 1 or 4 children my policy still applies. She gave me her 2 week withdrawal. In the meantime, she brought her baby and the Cruiser pull- up diaper. AND she was wearing a regular diaper, the kind that I asked her to provide.
I feel like she’s defying me. I feel like terminating her immediately. Her last day is next Friday. Any advice?
Snowmom 10:03 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Debbie@home:
Hello All,
I need your counsel. I’ve been running a daycare in my home since 2007. I’ve modified my basement area for that purchase. Over the years the parents have expressed their gratitude in how I care for their child/children. Yesterday, I had an encounter with a mom. I asked her if she would bring in more diapers. She brought in a pack of pull ups. Long story short, she said that they are diapers. Well according to Pampers Cruisers- it says diapers. I told her that they function like a pull up and everytime her 16 mon old needs changing I’d have to remove her whole bottom half. She proceeded through texting to tell me that’s what a provider gets paid for, since I have only 2 clients what’s the big deal! I shared with her whether I have 1 or 4 children my policy still applies. She gave me her 2 week withdrawal. In the meantime, she brought her baby and the Cruiser pull- up diaper. AND she was wearing a regular diaper, the kind that I asked her to provide.
I feel like she’s defying me. I feel like terminating her immediately. Her last day is next Friday. Any advice?
Wait, so the child had 2 diapers on?

Wow, bold.

Personally, I have a low tolerance for disrespect and would just say "see ya" today. Especially given the circumstances of the world today. She is lucky to have daycare AT ALL.
Cat Herder 10:13 AM 03-18-2020
Is she doing the two weeks to use up a deposit she paid? If so, I'd likely give her the deposit and send her packing today.

They only fight for the money, that is why I don't even bother with deposits. By not requiring one I can terminate at will. And this passive aggressive bully would have been gone the day she sent that text.

Parents are out of control this week. I guess we are the only sense of control they have in their tiny lives. Bullying us makes them feel powerful. Shutting that down teaches them they are not, they are only hurting themselves.

Do they really think we don't talk to each other??
Valerie928 11:22 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Wait, so the child had 2 diapers on?

Wow, bold.

Personally, I have a low tolerance for disrespect and would just say "see ya" today. Especially given the circumstances of the world today. She is lucky to have daycare AT ALL.
I agree, could not have said it better myself! Parent is being totally ungrateful
Ariana 05:13 PM 03-18-2020
I would tell her not to come back and refund her deposit. If you don’t want to or can’t refund the deposit pretend like nothing happened. She is THE most awesomest parent in the world. Pretend you didn’t notice the two diapers. Totally ignore her tantrum. That will drive her crazy!
Tags:bully, passive aggressive, terminate - bad behavior
Reply Up