Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Business And I Can Run It How I Want.... Right??
pfund2233 07:22 AM 11-23-2011
I'm totaly revamping my handbook. A few of the major changes are parents are gunna have contracted hours with flat weekly rate and they will pay overtime (if I agree to have child earlier or later than contracted hours) and they will pay late fees if they are later than there contracted hours. No more lee way. I'm also adding more holidays that I'm 100% closed for. I used to only be closed for Thanksgiving and Christmas because I have some parent's that work holidays. But no more. I don't want to work holidays so I'm not gunna! And no more food or drink from home.... PERIOD!!!!

I'm also thinking about terming my one DCB (who I used to work with his mom at the hospital) because he comes at 530am and all the rest come at 8am... meaning I'm running daycare 12+ hrs a day and honestly I don't wanna. This boy has been gone for a week and a half and honestly it has been wonderful. Not because he's a monster or anything but it's great being able to sleep in and having the house just for me and my 2 girls (ages 6 and 9) in the mornings. It's been kinda just our time!! Me and them are loving it!!

I asked my hubby what he thought of all this and his replay... "It's your business, do what you want!" So I'm gunna start doing just that!!! (had to use the little cheerleader... it's too cute)
wdmmom 07:25 AM 11-23-2011
I had a family earlier this year leave because I wouldn't work until 6pm on Friday. That's the benefit of owning your own business! You don't have to!
Zoe 07:58 AM 11-23-2011
You're so cute. "I don't wanna so I'm not gunna" That's the spirit! Way to take charge of YOUR daycare!
pfund2233 08:10 AM 11-23-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I had a family earlier this year leave because I wouldn't work until 6pm on Friday. That's the benefit of owning your own business! You don't have to!
Did they give you a guilt trip about it?? I'm pritty sure this DCM will. "Oh but DCB loves you soooo much and I just don't trust him with anyone else!!" Blah.. blah... blah. I'm not saying I don't love the little guy but my kids and family need to come first.
pfund2233 08:11 AM 11-23-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
You're so cute. "I don't wanna so I'm not gunna" That's the spirit! Way to take charge of YOUR daycare!
Awesome!! I love being cute!!
MarinaVanessa 04:33 PM 11-23-2011
You go! I just finished revamping my handbook also. No more medicaiton, opted to let sick kids come back 24 hours after they feel better if their parents keep them home but 48 hours if I have to send them home, went back to being paid on Fridays instead of Mondays, also charging overtime fees if they go over 10 hours a day or over 29 hours (if part-time) or over 50 hours (if full-time). Oh and I did away with medication at daycare. NO MORE!
I'm with ya!!
cheerfuldom 08:55 PM 11-23-2011
well no wonder you are getting sick of this situation. 12 hour shifts, 5 days a week, every week is too much for any person. Thats just my opinion but I don't have a clue how people keep this kind of schedule going long term, especially when you have your own little ones at home. I say, revamp it all at once and just be done with it.
SimpleMom 10:11 AM 11-24-2011
That's the spirit! You are too cute! It takes time to figure out what works doesn't it? I did a 12 hour shift 5 days a week and worked on Black Friday when I first started. Got burnt out on the hours and only had one person usually show up for Black Friday. Now, I take it off as a floating holiday every year. Runs way more smooth

So, good for you for taking charge and yay for your hubby for understanding!!!
kendallina 11:24 AM 11-24-2011
That's great! And what a supportive husband!!
pfund2233 08:58 PM 11-24-2011
Parent's can be just so inconsiderate, rude, and just plain think the world revoles around them and their kids. Well not MY world. So they better buck up or take the horse and leave town cuz I'm done!! I have 4 DCF and the 2 boys families are something else. The girls are peaches!! I'm ready to say buh-bye to the boys families. B**ch alittle more about something and guess what you will be crying cuz you can't go to work cuz you aint got daycare. Then they will realize I wasn't so bad, eh?

Thanks for all the support here and yes my hubby is great!!
Tags:handbook, handbook - revisions
Reply Up