Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>BBQ Meatballs
Scout 04:16 PM 01-07-2013
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...od-to-the-max/

Even DS ate these & he is super picky
Blackcat31 07:35 AM 01-08-2013
Those look yummy.....

but with my DH being an insulin diabetic, adding oatmeal and flour to something carb free doesn't make much sense for us.

They do look really good though!
sharlan 02:23 PM 01-08-2013
I don't see an issue with the oatmeal. I would omit the flour and the extra sugar in catsup though.
Kaddidle Care 05:24 PM 01-08-2013
They look good but when I make meatballs I skip the frying alltogether and just bake them 30+ minutes at 350* just give the glass baking dish a light spray of pam so they don't stick. (you have to peek at them and see if they need another 10 minutes.)

I would imagine they taste similar to my meat loaf. The only way I'll eat meat loaf is if it's done with BBQ sauce instead of ketchup.

In fact... I could probably dip just about anything in BBQ sauce. haha!
Scout 06:50 PM 01-08-2013
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
They look good but when I make meatballs I skip the frying alltogether and just bake them 30+ minutes at 350* just give the glass baking dish a light spray of pam so they don't stick. (you have to peek at them and see if they need another 10 minutes.)

I would imagine they taste similar to my meat loaf. The only way I'll eat meat loaf is if it's done with BBQ sauce instead of ketchup.

In fact... I could probably dip just about anything in BBQ sauce. haha!
I wondered about how much longer to bake them without frying! Last time I did that though they were extra greasy and DH spent a lot of the night in the bathroom!
MamaG 09:19 PM 01-08-2013
If you set them up on a tray the grease drips below and they come out much less greasy!
Kaddidle Care 03:26 AM 01-09-2013
Sorry - I forgot to say that I mostly make meatballs with ground turkey. They really don't have a lot of grease.
Edmund 09:08 AM 01-24-2013
I like chicken BBQ very much. Its my favorite dish. Meatballs are also very tasty but these are difficult to make then the chicken BBQ. My grand pa make chicken BBQ very tasty and we enjoy it more when we are at camping nights.
Tags:meatballs, recipe
Reply Up