Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Summer Is Over
boysx5 08:20 PM 08-24-2012
So glad summer is over. I will only have four daycare kids now but will enjoy the break. This summer has been so busy which was great for business but I was getting overwhelm at the end.
DaisyMamma 05:17 AM 08-25-2012
I'm ready for quite the opposite reason. My summer was busy and fun, but slow as far as kids. I had three drop out by June and early July
Now I've got new enrollments and can pay bills again. Yippe!
snbauser 05:42 AM 08-25-2012
Good and bad. Our kids go back on Monday. I will miss my kids but they really need to get back into the routine of school as they have been "bored" the last couple of weeks. I still have 2 of my kindergarten dck's 4 days this week because our schools do a staggered start for kindy's. They go 1 day the first week for assessments and then start full time after Labor Day. I am really ready for them to go. LOL!! I love them greatly but they are ready and I am ready. But I am also not ready for the constant running after work that the school time brings.
seebachers 05:49 AM 08-25-2012
I will miss my little man (starting the second grade on tuesday) and I love him to death, but 24/7 for 12 weeks at that energy level has me exhausted. LOLOLOL!!! I am all for year round school with 3 weeks off at a time a few times a year. Bring on Tuesday at 8:10 when the bus comes and can't wait for afternoon snack time when he gets to tell me all about his day and the cuddles
sharlan 09:37 AM 08-25-2012
Most of my kids went back to school last Monday. The rest start this week. I have been so sad this week. I love my summers and miss all of the outings during the school year. With schools having different early days and having a K this year, most outings will nearly impossible.
EchoMom 01:54 PM 08-25-2012
I'm ready for summer to be over just because I am exhausted from all the water play and heat! I'm so tired of filling the pool and water table and changing swimsuits, swim diapers, popscicles, watermelon juice, and it being too hot to go for our walks.

However, I may just eat my words when it's winter and snowy and the kids are wet from snow, gloves, pants, and cooped up inside bouncing off the walls!
Country Kids 05:52 PM 08-25-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Most of my kids went back to school last Monday. The rest start this week. I have been so sad this week. I love my summers and miss all of the outings during the school year. With schools having different early days and having a K this year, most outings will nearly impossible.

I'm with you. Not so much with the outings but just having fun, no schedules, and taking it slow. Oh, how I lvoe summers!
My3cents 11:11 AM 08-27-2012
hush!!!

Summer over, bah hum bug!!!!
Blackcat31 11:52 AM 08-27-2012
I am really glad that Fall is here. I can't stand the free-for-all summer is and I love the structure and routine we have from Fall to end of Spring.

Now as far as personally, I am somehwat sad to see summer go because I do love time on the lake and all the funn stuff summer means but I do look forward to Fall and Winter because we are avid snowmobilers.

I also really LOVE the lazy quiet weekends Winter brings since there is no gardening or lawn mowing to do and I find shoveling snow to be theraputic so I can't wait for that!
Reply Up