Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So much for hours
laceylmm 08:41 PM 02-07-2013
I just got my license in December. I was so desperate for clients (I need $$) that I pretty much have thrown my hours out the window. I originally wanted to be open 7-5:30pm. So now I have a PT 1yr old from 1-4pm TWTh, a FT 1yr old 12:30-7:30pm MTWF, and his 4yr old sister who is here only on Wednesdays and snow days.

So now I have all these weird openings. Should I try to fill just the times I have available, for instance try to get some part time people in for morning care? Or just wait it out for the ideal 9-5 family? Does anyone else do weird hours like mine? I do kind of like having a few hours to myself from when my oldest go to school and the dc kids start showing up. And does anyone do anything like mommy's morning out? I thought maybe I could offer that T and Th mornings to fill in a little bit of time/$$.

Also mostly just wanted to say HI since I am new here. Also should note that I have my own 1yr old son home with me also, and then my own 3 schoolagers.
DaisyMamma 04:06 AM 02-08-2013
Been there, done that.
If you need the $ and you can deal with the hours temporarily then do it. Keep advertising and interviewing. Once you can fill the spots with the hours you want then terminate the other families.
Sounds mean, but business is business. Just let the families with the weird hours know that you are sorry, but the hours they have didn't work out and you want to give them 2 weeks notice.
boysx5 04:55 AM 02-08-2013
I have always done 6:30 to 6. I can't do any longer than that you will fill the hours just takes time. Do whats best for you.
Reply Up