Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Part-Time Job
momma2girls 04:41 AM 11-04-2010
Do any other daycare providers have part-time jobs outside the home as well?
DancingQueen 04:43 AM 11-04-2010
I was a Pampered Chef Consultant but I'm taking a LONG leave from it. It was equitable but I need a break.

I work at my old full time job once per month and occasionally I do some typing on the side for them in the evenings from home.

It is an auction gallery so they have auctions about every 3 weeks. I go in for a few hours on a saturday and bring home $100 good deal
BentleysBands 04:54 AM 11-04-2010
i dont go outside the home but i do have a side business sewing/making Dog diapers for males who mark and females in heat...also dog collars/leashes.

i quit daycare 2 yrs ago to go fulltime sewing but i missed having kids around while mine were in school so here i am doing daycare lol...i sew during nap times and at night.
momma2girls 04:57 AM 11-04-2010
I have been a Scentsy Consultant now for about 1 yr. I love it!!!
marniewon 05:15 AM 11-04-2010
I used to deliver pizzas but it got to be too stressful (shift started at 5:30 and last kid picked up at 5:15 - not much time to get ready and get to work!) so I quit there in July. I sell Partylite now.
mac60 05:20 AM 11-04-2010
Yes, my husband and I clean the church every week. Some days I work 14/15 hours depending on how many hours after daycare I clean.
BentleysBands 05:34 AM 11-04-2010
i'm a scentsy addict LOL
momma2girls 05:45 AM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by BentleysBands:
i'm a scentsy addict LOL
Most people that know what Scentsy is, is an ADDICT!!! LOL!!!!!!
momofboys 07:24 AM 11-04-2010
I work pt in a seasonal position scoring/grading standardized student (high school or elementary) writing or reading comprehension tests. All work is done at home online. I do the work during naptime or when my husband gets home in the evening/weekends. When I am working (only 2-3 months of the year) it amounts to about 20 hrs week. It could be more but after watching kids all day I don't have the energy to put in more than 2-3 hrs a day.
boysx5 08:15 AM 11-04-2010
no ten and twelve hour days are enough for me
SandeeAR 08:45 AM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
I have been a Scentsy Consultant now for about 1 yr. I love it!!!

Love that stuff! Got one for Mother's Day. It sure covers up the diaper smell
tymaboy 09:20 AM 11-04-2010
My DH & I teach Religious Education Wednesday nights.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:24 AM 11-04-2010
I do mary kay, and my mom does demos in grocery stores and sometimes I help her out. but after working 4a to 6 p Im tired so there isnt much energy left. lol
mainemomma 09:44 AM 11-04-2010
OK...gotta ask cause I have never heard of it...what is Scentsy? (sorry if I spelt that wrong lol)
momma2girls 09:59 AM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by mainemomma:
OK...gotta ask cause I have never heard of it...what is Scentsy? (sorry if I spelt that wrong lol)
Scentsy is flameless, wickless candle melts, warmers, sprays, tins, scent packs, etc... Go online to scentsy.com and see what it is all about!!!
mrs.meg 10:03 AM 11-04-2010
no, I don't work PT outside the home, but I would probably like to get out a couple nights a week. I am a part-time student, but do this online. I hope to get a degree in something not related to daycare!
BentleysBands 10:13 AM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by mainemomma:
only THE best smelling wax ever hehe....my friends tell me all the time i should sell it lol..
Blackcat31 10:16 AM 11-04-2010
I don't have a job outside of child care, but I am enrolled in college full time with 16 credits. I have only 12 more to go!!!
momma2girls 10:27 AM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by BentleysBands:
only THE best smelling wax ever hehe....my friends tell me all the time i should sell it lol..
You should sell it, you would love it!!! There is awesome money in it, and it sells itself!!! You really do make great money!!!! I suggest it to everyone, that would like extra money.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 10:44 AM 11-04-2010
Ill have to check into this, I buy mine from "candles from the keeping room," on ebay, have for years.
Crystal 11:47 AM 11-04-2010
I don't have a job, persay, but I do contract work - mentor teacher for the college, environmental rating scale assessor for our R&R, some independent consulting to Head Start, and most recently added developing and presenting workshops for the mentor program. Keeps me VERY busy.
momma2girls 12:34 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
Ill have to check into this, I buy mine from "candles from the keeping room," on ebay, have for years.
I also can get you anything you would like from the book, whenever, and I can have it shipped to you free, just place it in with an order anytime!!Just pm me anytime on it!! I love Scentsy!!!
AmandasFCC 12:45 PM 11-04-2010
I sell Usborne Books and Norwex on the side as well as daycare. It's cool to know there are so many other providers that do side work as well lol. My clients all think I'm a sucker for punishment lol.
momma2girls 12:56 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by AmandasFCC:
I sell Usborne Books and Norwex on the side as well as daycare. It's cool to know there are so many other providers that do side work as well lol. My clients all think I'm a sucker for punishment lol.
USborne books are so awesome!! I probably have all the touch and feel books for toddlers and babies!!! I love them all!!!
Abigail 11:18 PM 11-04-2010
I like to go out thrift shopping and fixing things up and selling them for more. I learn a lot and find things a new home. Usually it's a toy or something. I have found that more people would rather buy online than spend time shopping for it. I also buy in bulk from online sites or local stores (toys or clothing) and take first pick on what I want and sell the rest for a little more than what I paid. I wish I could find something more permanent, but nothing has really come up yet.
MarinaVanessa 08:42 AM 11-05-2010
I do photography on the weekends. It's a hobby of mine and just like daycare I love doing it. It pays better than daycare on an hourly basis but I love daycare better lol. I can earn $100 an hour plus whatever prints a client wants and even more if they want the images customized (photoshop). I do birthdays, senior pictures, portraits, lifestyle photography, engagements, weddings etc. I havn't done it in about 4-5 months though because of the pregnancy. It's too hard to get the angles I want with an extra 50 pounds added on to what I normally weigh lol.

Oh yeah ... and Mary Kay, Avon and Tupperware lol. Oh and miniatures like dollhouses, furniture and accessories (I also have a hobby for building dollhouses) I do these on a very PT basis, if I sell, I sell. If I don't, I don't. I'm also going back to school in January part-time (6 units). Did someone say "sucker for punishment"?
Tags:part-time job
Reply Up