Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Business Cards... Should I Change Anything?
TaylorTots 03:39 PM 02-23-2017
Ordering new business cards for reopening in the fall since our move.... I don't put much info on them... thoughts?

"X's Preschool & Childcare
Near X Elementary School
123-456-790
www.mydaycarewebsite.com"

Thoughts? At our old address I put cross streets by us as we weren't close to a school...but this way seems easier and could recruit me a couple school agers in the fall?

Another thought. I was considering changing my hosting company to accept paypal payments through my childcare website. Thoughts? I really want to do away with checks this fall and offer a "cash discount" or paypal. Would that feature onto a website be valuable or should I just plan on sending parents weekly invoices who want to pay through paypal instead of cash?
sharlan 04:31 PM 02-23-2017
Do you have to list your facility number on any advertising?
jenboo 05:26 PM 02-23-2017
Anything special you offer that you could list?
The back of my cards say something like
-home cooked meals
-diapers and wipes provided
-daily outside time

You get it.
daycare 05:43 PM 02-23-2017
do you have a catch phrase?

ours is: where learning AND fun come together...
TaylorTots 06:10 PM 02-23-2017
Our state has no requirements for the license I will be renewing in regard to marketing, but I could DEFINITELY add that information. That's a big selling point in our area as our state doesn't require licenses for small family daycares!

No catch phrase... but I like the idea of adding one!

"Kindergarten Readiness through Play"

Jenboo, that's a good idea. My big "selling" qualities that set me apart from other childcares in the area is:

-Pre-k curriculum/program.There is no longer a local pre-k program closer than 15-20 min. from our area. We use same curriculum as the public school.

-Location to walk to Elementary School (no closer family childcare homes and no one transports here).

Other than that, we're pretty typical for our metro area in terms of offerings/policy.

Thanks, keep them coming!
Thoughts on the change of web hosting to allow for paypal?
Mike 07:50 PM 02-23-2017
Originally Posted by TaylorTots:
Thoughts on the change of web hosting to allow for paypal?
Should be able to use Paypal with pretty much any web host. It's just a matter of making Paypal buttons and putting them on your site. If you do want to try hosting elsewhere, it's what I've been doing since 2002. (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85433) It's just a small side business now, but will never be shut down because I have several of my own sites to host. Cheaper to do them myself.
CityGarden 12:53 PM 02-24-2017
I like the idea of a catch phrase & the license number is required in my state... I would think if it is not required in your state it is still a comforting touch to parents.

I include my email address (because I respond more quickly to email than to calls)
Reply Up