Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Implementing a "No Drop Off Time"
newtodaycare22 09:37 AM 04-13-2011
I have a girl who has started coming RIGHT before nap and then she refuses to nap (or rest/be quiet!) because her mom is letting her sleep in. It's not in my contract, but I want to tell mom that she needs to drop her off earlier or later. That way, she'll be waking up earlier and actually rest, or she'll be coming later and not have to (mom is currently unemployed).

Does that sound rude? It's just ridiculous that during my one break of the day I have to deal with this 1 child who is not resting because she sleeps until 9 or 10! Ugh
ninosqueridos 09:52 AM 04-13-2011
Not rude at all!! I'd do the same thing if I had a parent do that and take away my peaceful moments. I bet the MOM is the one sleeping in til 9 or 10 and SHE doesn't want to get up earlier.
TBird 10:01 AM 04-13-2011
Been there....had this! I explained it to mom this way...

When you come just before Quiet Time it makes your child associate me with putting him to bed within a few minutes of setting eyes on me. It makes DCB not like it here because it's no fun to walk in the door, have to be quiet so others can sleep, miss Circle/Project Time, and not be able to even touch the toys. In all fairness to both of us, do you think you could get him here a lot earlier??? AND PER MY DANG-IT-ALL CONTRACT???

Well, I didn't say that last sentence but I thought it!!! If you make it seem beneficial to the child (which it is), MAYBE she'll listen. I wouldn't mention that it messes up your break - which it does - but Lord knows you gotta use reverse psychology with some people...
morgan24 10:05 AM 04-13-2011
I don't think that's rude. Is this something new or was her regular drop off time earlier? If it was earlier I would tell the mom if you can't get her here at that time to keep her home.
newtodaycare22 10:09 AM 04-13-2011
Thanks for the support. I just asked the mom and she was very understanding and agreed. Phew!
ammama 11:14 AM 04-13-2011
I have a policy that states that children must arrive by 9am. Of course, if they have an appointment or something, and clear it with me first, I allow them to come later, but arrivals right at nap time drive me nuts.
Reply Up