Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where Have You Found You Assistant/s?
NillaWafers 10:58 AM 11-17-2016
I'm currently in the process of upgrading from a small family license to a large one. I will be needing to find an assistant, but after my last (terrible) experience with a sub, I am very leery. How did you find yours? I live in CA, I am thinking 12/hr? Does that seem reasonable or fair? There is no way I'd be able to afford a living wage for someone around here

Maybe a mom with a kid I'd be ok with bringing along? I don't want to work with a friend, haha - cus that's a recipe for disaster!
racemom 05:01 PM 11-17-2016
Maybe you could find a mom who has school age kids, and isn't currently working. That's how I got started at my job, the owner approached me when my son started kindergarten, and he is a junior now!
sahm1225 06:11 PM 11-17-2016
I posted an ad on craigslist for ECE college students. I hired friends of my sister (and all 3 were horrible! I should've learned after the first!). My favorite assistant has been a referral from my sons old daycare provider. It's actually her niece and she was the best.
I also posted on a local Facebook page and got a lot of responses that way too.

Good luckB
daycare 07:11 PM 11-17-2016
I used indeed and also combated the ECE professor at the local JC. I pay $11 an hour with possible raises after 90 days. Most of the people that work with me are college students working in the ECE field, love all
Of them.

I'm also in CA
Reply Up