Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Interview No Show
CityGarden 11:25 AM 02-02-2017
I do not like scheduling tours during the day when I have children present - I find that perspective parents take close to an hour and it feels unfair to take that time away while I should be engaging with the children.

I made an exception because this parent called while I was very busy and I just wanted to finish the call (there was some language barrier over the phone too she kept asking my half day rate when I gave it to her she kept saying no just half day....) so she was supposed to be her 22 minutes ago no show and no call.... I am annoyed.

I need enrollments but this is my first no show and I am not a fan. I arranged a helper for today and put my dog in doggy daycare... I am not sure what I should have done differently.
Mom2Two 11:45 AM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
I do not like scheduling tours during the day when I have children present - I find that perspective parents take close to an hour and it feels unfair to take that time away while I should be engaging with the children.

I made an exception because this parent called while I was very busy and I just wanted to finish the call (there was some language barrier over the phone too she kept asking my half day rate when I gave it to her she kept saying no just half day....) so she was supposed to be her 22 minutes ago no show and no call.... I am annoyed.

I need enrollments but this is my first no show and I am not a fan. I arranged a helper for today and put my dog in doggy daycare... I am not sure what I should have done differently.
Sounds like maybe she thought your half-day rate was higher than what she wanted.

No call/no shows do not feel good at all. We just tell ourselves, "At least the house is clean"
MarinaVanessa 11:54 AM 02-02-2017
Yep, sounds to me like she expected the half day rate to be less than what you are charging. My guess? She continued to call around and found another less expensive alternative.
NillaWafers 12:17 PM 02-02-2017
It is annoying. I comfort myself by saying if they'll no call no show to an interview, they'll probably be a special snowflake client, which I DO NOT want.

I greatly reduced my no show no call tours by refusing to give out my address until the day of, then calling to confirm that morning.
LysesKids 03:59 PM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
It is annoying. I comfort myself by saying if they'll no call no show to an interview, they'll probably be a special snowflake client, which I DO NOT want.

I greatly reduced my no show no call tours by refusing to give out my address until the day of, then calling to confirm that morning.
Hell, I don't give address out until 3 hours prior to the evening meet & greet; I figure if they don't call they really weren't serious about care. I've been doing it for 8 years & only had two no shows after I gave the address lol. I never do interviews during care hours because it's too hectic with my babies
CityGarden 01:23 PM 02-03-2017
Good ideas.... for marketing reasons online though my address is listed on google associated with the business....
MarinaVanessa 01:27 PM 02-03-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Good ideas.... for marketing reasons online though my address is listed on google associated with the business....
Mine is too so I get it. Now you know, don't make exceptions for interviews that will cost you out of pocket. If I were in your shoes and the woman called back wanting to reschedule I'd make sure to decline and explain that I had scheduled extra staff during the time we agreed for the missed interview and that I couldn't afford to take the chance of rescheduling and having her no show again.
lovemydaycare0912 07:36 PM 02-03-2017
I also don't do interviews during daycare hours. I call or have them call me 2 hours before they are supposed to meet me and then I give address.

I'm sorry this happened but you can use it as a lesson learned for the future!
CityGarden 07:56 PM 02-03-2017
Thanks for the support ladies. It was a learning lesson but I still needed to vent....
Tags:no show
Reply Up