Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Funeral Notice
tenderhearts 11:29 AM 09-28-2017
How would you word a notice that you have to attend a funeral? this is not a family member but someone very close to us, like family? Or would you not go? My husband is a pall bearer and this family is really needing us so I feel I can't just not go. Any ideas on what how to say it? thanks
DaveA 11:35 AM 09-28-2017
I would just say you have to attend a funeral and leave it at that. If someone asks say it was someone your family was very close to and your DH is part of the service. Keep it short and minimal.
laundrymom 12:25 PM 09-28-2017
"All childcare families. My family has suffered a great loss and we will be closed on x&x to attend funeral. Thank you for understanding. "
Leigh 12:29 PM 09-28-2017
"I will be closed on Thursday to attend to personal business. I will reopen on Friday at the usual time."
LysesKids 01:28 PM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
"All childcare families. My family has suffered a great loss and we will be closed on x&x to attend funeral. Thank you for understanding. "
THIS; parents will be more understanding about a Funeral over stating you need to attend to personal business & since it is A FUNERAL...

I just state it like it is... my DC families have learned to deal with the occasional unexpected closures
tenderhearts 04:24 PM 09-28-2017
I put
dear families,

Sadly we had a death of someone very close to us. Unfortunately the service will be Friday XXX therefore I will be closing daycare this day.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

thank you for understanding,

Is it wrong that I close for this? i feel like I should be able to, I know none of my families would have an issue with it. However I have one new family and I haven't really gotten a "feel" for the mom yet, she doesn't say much. She read it, kind of said "oh" in a way, well I don't really know how to describe it but she said nothing, not sorry or anything but I don't want her response to make me feel guilty for doing it.
DaveA 03:43 AM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I put
dear families,

Sadly we had a death of someone very close to us. Unfortunately the service will be Friday XXX therefore I will be closing daycare this day.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

thank you for understanding,

Is it wrong that I close for this? i feel like I should be able to, I know none of my families would have an issue with it. However I have one new family and I haven't really gotten a "feel" for the mom yet, she doesn't say much. She read it, kind of said "oh" in a way, well I don't really know how to describe it but she said nothing, not sorry or anything but I don't want her response to make me feel guilty for doing it.
No you're not wrong about closing. I wouldn't read anything to it right now. Some people (like me) suck at expressing condolences. That might explain the lack of response.
lovemykidstoo 04:27 AM 09-29-2017
I'm very sorry for your loss. I would just explain that you have a funeral of a close friend to attend and you will be taking the day off. I am in a similar situation. My husbands uncle was just put on hospice, so most likely next week I'll be taking a day off too. Take care of yourself.
tenderhearts 04:59 PM 09-29-2017
So sorry lovemykidstoo. It is sure tough
lovemykidstoo 05:06 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
So sorry lovemykidstoo. It is sure tough
Thank you! Hugs to you too!!
springv 10:47 AM 09-30-2017
Dear parents,
ABC daycare will be closed on - . Sorry for the inconvience.

Short & sweet, I personally believe its none of anyone's business why you close, its your business and they are using your services not the other way around.
Tags:funeral, notices
Reply Up