Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Caught DCP In A Lie, What To Do
daycare 03:42 PM 05-01-2012
So I have a new family that is going to be starting my care and I have caught them in a little lie. I am just worried that it is a bad start to our relationship.

So what did they do?

Well I sent them all of the necessary forms to fill out for DC enrollment. I emailed DCM a few days ago to make sure she was able to open and print all of the documents and she said yes all have been printed, filled out and are ready to go. Last Friday, we set an appointment for today to meet up for her to turn in the documents and deposit.

I get an email around 3:00 saying that they need to extend the time to a later time today so that they can print out the documents, their printer won't work. I called them out on it ans stated, I thought that you said you already printed and filled them out. Then they say oh well I can get access to one later. Then it's I have to go to my storage to get my printer to print them.

It's one lie after the next........

Am I looking into this too much, or Am I really seeing red flags??? What would you do here?? I am about to pull the plug.
Luna 04:16 PM 05-01-2012
When people show you who they are, believe them! Yes, I would definitely pull the plug.
sharlan 04:17 PM 05-01-2012
Since I am obsessive/compulsive about being lied to, I would tell them that my home may not be the right one for them.
daycare 04:21 PM 05-01-2012
thanks for responding, I am pretty much the same way about lying. I don't stand for it from anyone. Especially someone that I am going to enter a relatoinship with. Business one especially.

I think I know what I need to do....
3girls 05:24 PM 05-01-2012
I would be done. Lying is a big red flag for me. If you take them prepare for many I forgot my check at home scenarios.
MarinaVanessa 06:19 PM 05-01-2012
I would be done with them too. They still havnt even turned on the paperwork and they're already starting to lie??? People usually put their best foot forward so if that's their best foot then you don't want to know what their bad one is like KWIM?

This would be a huge deal breaker for me.
Christian Mother 06:33 PM 05-01-2012
Go with your gut...I'd be errked also...not even started yet and lying...nope not having it. I'd let them know that Your sorry but, but when it comes to taking care of children whether it be theirs or others...you are completely take your job seriously...and if the parents are doing the same it isn't something you want to involve your self in. KWIM?
dave4him 03:21 AM 05-02-2012
I would forgive and let it go simply because I've done the same thing by quickly saying yes beforehand out of reaction. Don't make a big deal out of this one
Lilbutterflie 04:56 AM 05-02-2012
I agree with Dave on this one. I usually let little white lies go. If it was a lie about their child, or a BIG lie about something else; that would be a different story.
daycare 08:44 AM 05-02-2012
ok, so most of the vets say RUN for the hills.....I have to say I agree...

Update....I text DCM last night to ask if she was able to print out the documents. I did not get a response.

the last that we communicated was by text and it we agreed to meet today at the same time instead. I still have no answer and now just want to tell the DCM that I don't feel that it's going to work out.

So that I don't cause a volcanic eruption with the DCM what should I tell her?

what I would like to say and what I need to say are two totally different things!

Could use some expert advice on words to use. thanks in advance.
CheekyChick 09:06 AM 05-02-2012
If they are already lying to you, I would put a halt to it now.
Ariana 09:18 AM 05-02-2012
Could you say something like "since I am not getting a response I regret to inform you that your spot has been offered to someone else" or something along those lines? Let them know you don't wait around...
My3cents 10:07 AM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
So I have a new family that is going to be starting my care and I have caught them in a little lie. I am just worried that it is a bad start to our relationship.

So what did they do?

Well I sent them all of the necessary forms to fill out for DC enrollment. I emailed DCM a few days ago to make sure she was able to open and print all of the documents and she said yes all have been printed, filled out and are ready to go. Last Friday, we set an appointment for today to meet up for her to turn in the documents and deposit.

I get an email around 3:00 saying that they need to extend the time to a later time today so that they can print out the documents, their printer won't work. I called them out on it ans stated, I thought that you said you already printed and filled them out. Then they say oh well I can get access to one later. Then it's I have to go to my storage to get my printer to print them.

It's one lie after the next........

Am I looking into this too much, or Am I really seeing red flags??? What would you do here?? ok I read everyone's response and found myself in the middle, so I came back to your original post and here I am. I think I would print them off and hand them to her and have them fill the forms out at your home- gives you a chance to talk again and reiterate your policies. Then give them two weeks like everyone else and see how it goes. Thinking more positive in people- sounds like a flaky person and you will get to know the working relationship real quick within the two weeks trial. If something inside you feels that is not right then go with your gut. For whatever it is worth- some of my flakyiest parents have been the best parents. They are just scatter brained and multi task within their multi tasking. I am not talking about the Flake flaker, I am talking about the flake that you just grow to love- I am about to pull the plug.
I responded above hopefully in red. I say give her a try before you cut the rope- we all have zainy days, moments, minutes. You will know fast if it is going to work or not.
daycare 10:28 AM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:
I responded above hopefully in red. I say give her a try before you cut the rope- we all have zainy days, moments, minutes. You will know fast if it is going to work or not.
I know what you are saying....but this person has lied to me MULTIPLE times... and when i asked yesterday if they printed the forms, I got no response. Til this very moment there is no response.

I think that i will pull the plug..... you either get with the program or you don't....I am not going to do anything in between that...
Tags:lying, parents - lying
Reply Up