Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Don't Wanna!!!
Brooksie 04:46 PM 01-01-2014
I've been off work since the 24th for my contracted paid holiday vacation and its been soooooooo nice. I am NOT looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow and on top of it I have to tell everyone I'm closing at the end of the month. DD has been doing so well, barely any meltdowns or emotional episodes, and I'm really worried tomorrow will be a disaster. I just can't wait to be done with the daycare. This holiday break was a teaser and I don't wanna go back!!
williams2008 05:36 PM 01-01-2014
I know what you mean. I have been off since the 23rd and I am starting back up tomorrow. I had a dcp show up on Monday, and when she seen the gate was locked she decided to text to see if I was closed. I had 2 dcps text on yesterday to see when I open back up. Hopefully this year they will pay more attention to the notes and calendars I send home.

I hope your week goes well!
jenn 06:23 PM 01-01-2014
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
I've been off work since the 24th for my contracted paid holiday vacation and its been soooooooo nice. I am NOT looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow and on top of it I have to tell everyone I'm closing at the end of the month. DD has been doing so well, barely any meltdowns or emotional episodes, and I'm really worried tomorrow will be a disaster. I just can't wait to be done with the daycare. This holiday break was a teaser and I don't wanna go back!!
This exactly, only I'm not closing. The break has been SO nice. It has been so nice being able to focus on my daughter, and her behavior has been great. I thought I would feel refreshed going into tomorrow, but I am DREADING the doorbell ringing. Quitting is not an option anytime in the foreseeable future, so time to suck it up and paint a smile on my face.
Play Care 03:27 AM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by jenn:
This exactly, only I'm not closing. The break has been SO nice. It has been so nice being able to focus on my daughter, and her behavior has been great. I thought I would feel refreshed going into tomorrow, but I am DREADING the doorbell ringing. Quitting is not an option anytime in the foreseeable future, so time to suck it up and paint a smile on my face.
I was actually fine with opening today, except we are having a snow storm and there is already a lot out there with a lot more expected throughout the day. No doubt I'll have a least one set drop off their kids so they can go back home to a quiet house
Shell 03:50 AM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I was actually fine with opening today, except we are having a snow storm and there is already a lot out there with a lot more expected throughout the day. No doubt I'll have a least one set drop off their kids so they can go back home to a quiet house
Snow here, too. All local schools closed, and I have at least one family (mom has admitted she will be home), that will bring their child. Both of my kids have a bad cold and were up all night. I really wish parents would keep their kids home in a bad storm
Play Care 03:55 AM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by mrsmichelle:
Snow here, too. All local schools closed, and I have at least one family (mom has admitted she will be home), that will bring their child. Both of my kids have a bad cold and were up all night. I really wish parents would keep their kids home in a bad storm
If my kids were sick, I would close. To me that's a legitimate reason. I wanted to call off but can't justify it since we are all (knocks on wood ) well. But it would for sure be a movie day Because we've had a deep freeze our yard and driveway are all sheets of ice under the snow- we won't even be able to go outside today.

I almost want to remind them that late fees are still in effect even with the snow - and this is the reason I don't give breaks due to weather
Shell 04:52 AM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
If my kids were sick, I would close. To me that's a legitimate reason. I wanted to call off but can't justify it since we are all (knocks on wood ) well. But it would for sure be a movie day Because we've had a deep freeze our yard and driveway are all sheets of ice under the snow- we won't even be able to go outside today.

I almost want to remind them that late fees are still in effect even with the snow - and this is the reason I don't give breaks due to weather
Oh, I would love to call in, but then I wouldn't get paid I'm trying to decide if I should add snow days to my handbook for the new year. Maybe 3 a year, paid, or something? As of now, I can't afford to lose the $, so I am waiting, hopefully someone will call out- but it's not looking good so far!
Play Care 05:06 AM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by mrsmichelle:
Oh, I would love to call in, but then I wouldn't get paid I'm trying to decide if I should add snow days to my handbook for the new year. Maybe 3 a year, paid, or something? As of now, I can't afford to lose the $, so I am waiting, hopefully someone will call out- but it's not looking good so far!
Rather than snow days, I would add some sick days - my parents wouldn't bat an eye at say 3 paid sick days, but would probably be less understanding over snow days where they still have to work. Just my two cents.
originalkat 05:30 AM 01-02-2014
I start back today after being off since Dec 23. Although I LOVE the break, I am not dreading the day. I am looking forward to getting back to my routine. I am still waiting for my first to arrive... so far no one is here. I wonder if they think I dont open till Monday. LOL! No I am sure some will be arriving soon.
I hope everyone starting back has an awesome day!!
snbauser 06:02 AM 01-02-2014
I start back tomorrow after being closed since the 23. It's been a nice 2 weeks. I need to win the lottery LOL!
MotherNature 07:22 AM 01-02-2014
I open tomorrow, and just received an email from a family that they're quitting me. They didn't like how I managed to stretch my vacation days to 3 weeks, b/c I judiciously timed them with the paid holidays. Yes, they had notice of my vacation. I keep a very small ration, so it sucks, & I'll need to fill the spot & advertise within a week, but I have a new baby starting Monday, so nervous about how that will go. Hoping to finally get some calls for 2+. all my calls are for infants. Now that I have a new one, I dunno if I want to do two at a time & one of my clients is pregnant so I'm hoping she'll want me to care for their newbie too...But yes, the break was wonderful.
Play Care 09:35 AM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
I open tomorrow, and just received an email from a family that they're quitting me. They didn't like how I managed to stretch my vacation days to 3 weeks, b/c I judiciously timed them with the paid holidays. Yes, they had notice of my vacation. I keep a very small ration, so it sucks, & I'll need to fill the spot & advertise within a week, but I have a new baby starting Monday, so nervous about how that will go. Hoping to finally get some calls for 2+. all my calls are for infants. Now that I have a new one, I dunno if I want to do two at a time & one of my clients is pregnant so I'm hoping she'll want me to care for their newbie too...But yes, the break was wonderful.
Wow! I'm so sorry! I also stretch my vacation time at Christmas with the holidays, and I've worried about that at times. Hope you get a better fit soon!
originalkat 02:03 PM 01-02-2014
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
That sucks! I also used vacation time with paid holidays and got a nice break. I had no complaints though!
Reply Up