Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I've Had Enough
B Lou 06:12 AM 05-11-2012
Yesterday I was re-licensed and while in the middle of the appointment we were going over my evaluations from the parents. I was told that one of my parents that I still have in DC gave some very positive comments about me, BUT she also wrote that with her older kids I did alot more activities then I do with her younger DCB.(which when I gave her the crafts or work activity sheets from the older child they would end up on the floor of her car and would fall out into my driveway weeks later where I would end up picking them up and throwing away. She also wrote that I allow my personal life and problems effect my DC.(I disagree).

I have gone out of my way to help this family out every time they have asked. I have allowed them to give my their schedule on Sunday nights at 9:30(or later) even though schedules are due on Friday's by 6:00. I allow this parent to call at the last min. to tell me she need to drop of DCB. I have worked with her on payments.
In my opinion I feel her putting any negative comment on a evaluation for me is a slap in the face. It would be the same as if she was up for a raise and she went into a meeting with her boss and the owner and her boss bad mouths her to the owner.
I'm so very very angry and hurt.
JenNJ 06:17 AM 05-11-2012
I would terminate that family. If she is that unhappy why wouldn't she go elsewhere?

Any issues need to be discussed WITH me, not behind my back. Communication is HUGE to me and I don't do wimps who are too chicken to approach me. I am a nice person, I don't bite. Just talk to me.
B Lou 06:21 AM 05-11-2012
This is a family that I've had a falling out with in the past and gave them notice because of being disrespectful and rude to my own children(adults now). They contacted me again and asked to come back. And foolishly enough took them back.
This a family that has asked me to lie to the county and to max out their hours(daycare assistance).
Same family with the blue hair boy and teaching the DCB to say "I'm a punk ass". Same dad that was in court for selling drugs.
I know your all thinking what a dumba### I am.
dEHmom 06:22 AM 05-11-2012
When you go over the evaluations, is it private or do they sign their names and know that you will see them?

I don't know if it's grounds for termination or not, I understand the hurt feelings. But I would definitely stop bending over backwards for this family. IMMEDIATELY.

Sorry you are dealing with this. And I believe you are right, it is a slap in the face. I know it's been touched on before in older threads, but when you do "SPECIAL" for someone, it is no longer "SPECIAL" and becomes the norm, and then they still want "SPECIAL" and believe they are entitled to it.

I don't believe you are a dumbass. I also believe in 2nd chances. People do change. And if you let them go already, it might seem like they should've been on best behaviour, which they clearly are not.

So my suggestion is that you inform them no more special treatment, they have to follow all the expectations/rules the same as everyone else. Schedules in by friday, etc. If they cannot comply, let them know you will be forced to let them go.
B Lou 06:40 AM 05-11-2012
Evaluations are private but I only have one family in care that has older siblings. Pretty much narrows it down.
dEHmom 07:21 AM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by B Lou:
Evaluations are private but I only have one family in care that has older siblings. Pretty much narrows it down.
oh yeah. sometimes gotta wonder if people are just ignorant, or not the brightest crayons in the box.

well hopefully this situation works out for you.
cheerfuldom 09:41 AM 05-11-2012
Sounds like you are putting up with less and less crap from them and she doesnt like that. Really, at this point, if you have a replacement for them, I would terminate. You already know that after years of working with them, nothing is going to change on their end.
momma2girls 04:37 PM 05-11-2012
someone that treats you this way, or disrespecting you in any way- TERMINATE!!!! I not put up with anything anymore!! I have done this almost 9 yrs. now, and I do not put up with alot of things I used to in the past.
Christian Mother 10:57 PM 05-11-2012
I'd be upset too specially with everything you just stated. It's def. a slap in the face.

At this point try not to take it too personally...you know your a wonderful provider and the little dcb does do quiet a lot of art activities but their misplaced. Nothing you can do about how they get to mom and dad.

How does the evaluations effect you on a whole? With Lic. do they write you up or how does that work? Are you able to defend your self to Lic. in cases like this or is it their word against yours?

It is def. going to be awkward working w/this family but I would def. say something to them that you where not aware that they where upset about these things. I'd call them out on it. And then start taking their specials away one by one. Hold them to their contract and if even one thing was argued I'd put them on probation.
Kaddidle Care 07:06 AM 05-12-2012
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
How does the evaluations effect you on a whole? With Lic. do they write you up or how does that work? Are you able to defend your self to Lic. in cases like this or is it their word against yours?

It is def. going to be awkward working w/this family but I would def. say something to them that you where not aware that they where upset about these things. I'd call them out on it. And then start taking their specials away one by one. Hold them to their contract and if even one thing was argued I'd put them on probation.
I am also curious as to how the evaluations affect your licensing. That would take priority in my book. If it red flags you in any way.. grrrrr!

I would take all specials away immediately. Let them go somewhere else.

There's nothing worse for your self esteem than bending over backward for someone and them not appreciating it.

They don't sound like the type of people that I would give a second chance too - bless you for trying.
B Lou 07:29 AM 05-14-2012
The evaluation did not effect me getting re-licensed at all. In fact when I explained everything to the licensor she was just amazed that this parent would write such an eval. The parent had good things to say about me as well. It wasn't a bad evaluation but still in my eyes I was hurt, disappointed and angry that this parent would say this about me. After everything I have done for her above and beyond.
Oh well, I've got it all worked out now. I feel better about my decisions.
Reply Up