Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Last Day For One of My DCBs
SilverSabre25 06:26 AM 05-18-2012
I've had him for a year and a half and although I will miss the money, and I will miss him, this past week has changed about half of the "missing" into "relief".

He's gotten mouth, bossy, aggressive, and very unpleasant. He purposely makes dcg mad, makes noises that hurt dd's ears, and revs up other dcb to they both get in trouble. Every time you tell him to do something, he gives you this squinty-eyed, pursed-lips look and deliberately moves sooooo slooooowly. Most of this has always been his personality but I could look past it...until he added in some of this other behavior. This past week has just been in-freaking-sane and most of the insanity was on his part.

Plus, without him, I can buy any minivan I want because I will only need to transport 5 kids anytime we go somewhere, and I can get back to doing preschool with the kiddos (doing it with him around was beyond useless, for a lot of reasons).

I'd been starting to think longingly of getting another job because I thought I was burned out on this one...but now I'm thinking that I was burned out on HIM and I can feel the fresh air starting to blow in. This won't feel like a job so much anymore with him gone.

I feel kind of bad for feeling this way, like I should be sadder that he's leaving. But I'd rather be honest about my feelings (to you guys and DH anyway, as far as he and his mom are concerned I will miss him terribly!)
Lilbutterflie 07:21 AM 05-18-2012
I hear ya! You WILL feel relief next week when the stress that used to be is there no longer. And it sounds like you made the decision that is best for YOU, your daycare, and your family!

I recently had to terminate a dck. And while I really do miss this child; it has taken a whole load of stress off my shoulders. It has felt like a breath of fresh air! I no longer find myself in terrible rotten moods at the end of the day and I am 100% again for my kids and the daycare kids.
Blackcat31 07:26 AM 05-18-2012
So sad and happy for you....as I COMPLETELY understand how you are feeling!

Sometimes when I have one go off to Kindy or a new one start, I am amazed at how differently the whole group dynamic or the environment changes.

It is amazing how much one child can impact and/or effect an entire group of kids.
countrymom 07:33 AM 05-18-2012
I love my group right now, but i've been in your shoes before and once a child leaves its amazing how much better the group behaves.
SilverSabre25 07:47 AM 05-18-2012
Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way! I didn't even know how stressed I felt about him until I knew he was leaving and then his behavior started to deteriorate, and I realized.

Lilbutterflie, I didn't actually term him; mom got a new job at a daycare center and finally got him into her center...she's moving him to save driving time which I completely understand. That kid is NOT going to do well in a center setting though...he needs a small group with an adult who can be watching him every second. But, mom made her choice (and I'm not sorry at this point).
cheerfuldom 09:58 AM 05-18-2012
I am glad that you have some relief coming!

I bet mom will get on the ball with making him behave now that her job may be on the line. It will be harder for her to stay there if people are having issues with her son, if she is seeing the bad behavior herself, or if he gets kicked out and she has to go back to going to two places in the morning.
Christian Mother 10:05 AM 05-18-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I am glad that you have some relief coming!

I bet mom will get on the ball with making him behave now that her job may be on the line. It will be harder for her to stay there if people are having issues with her son, if she is seeing the bad behavior herself, or if he gets kicked out and she has to go back to going to two places in the morning.
I was just thinking the same thing....if he doesn't adjust well and she wants him to come back..will u except him?
Reply Up