Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Assistants ~ Help please!!
LaLa1923 10:07 PM 09-07-2013
Could anyone share their job description, duties, handbook etc?? How much would you pay an assistant?? I really need help! I am so new to this part of business!!

Thank you!!

(I've sent a few messages but I haven't gotten any responses)
Michael 01:32 AM 09-08-2013
They these: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ob+description
LaLa1923 06:37 AM 09-10-2013
Anyone??
MNMum 07:36 AM 09-10-2013
I don't have a job description written up. I spent a lot of time with her when she first started to show her my ways My assistant is in her 30s. She has been a nanny for 10 years. She is now a SAHM. She brings her 2 year old for free. I pay her $10/hour.

In return. She is always on time. She has never been absent. She was able to run my daycare independently for 8 weeks after I had my baby.
LaLa1923 08:16 AM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by MNMum:
I don't have a job description written up. I spent a lot of time with her when she first started to show her my ways My assistant is in her 30s. She has been a nanny for 10 years. She is now a SAHM. She brings her 2 year old for free. I pay her $10/hour.

In return. She is always on time. She has never been absent. She was able to run my daycare independently for 8 weeks after I had my baby.

WOW!! You pay her $10 an hour AND she gets to bring her child for free? I am struggling with an hourly rate, that's probably my max but definitely no children at that rate. Ty! That's where the rate will be heading.
snbauser 08:43 AM 09-10-2013
Your rate will depend on your area. I paid $8/hour for mine when I had one. They got a raise to $8.25 after 6 months and then to $8.50 after a year. But I also gave paid sick days, etc. I'd prefer not to share my actual handbook but I can give you an idea of what to include and you need to decide how you want to handle each situation as well as what you want their job to include. Here are the categories I covered in mine:
Introduction
Smoking
Mandated Reporter
Employment Requirements-
Probation Period
Dress/Attire
Attendance
Sick Days
Personal Days
Vacations-
Holidays-
Pay Period
Overtime-
Training/Development
Job Description
Evaluation Process
Health Requirements
Cell Phones
Outside Visitors
Confidentiality
Disciplinary Action
Termination of Employment
MsLaura529 10:08 AM 09-10-2013
I am in the process of interviewing for a sub/assistant (very part-time position, maybe 2-3 mornings a MONTH). I will be paying her $10/hour and if she has a kid with her, then that's ok because my daughter will be gone at preschool during the times that I would have the sub here, and I'm not going to worry about filling that spot during those times.

Here is an excerpt from my job description that I sent to our local online newsletter -

- Have (or able to receive within 90 days of hire) non-expired CPR/First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogen training and certification.
- Have (or able to receive BEFORE hire) a basic medical physical, including a TB test.
- Willing to complete 6 clock hours of child care training annually (paid for by me).
- Willing to allow me to complete a background check through the state BEORE hire.
- Non-smoking.
- Ability to care for 4-6 children at one time.
- Comfortable with changing diapers and potty training situations.
- Comfortable with meal (lunch) prep and clean-up.
- Willingness to read stories, sing songs, engage in play inside and outside with the children.
- Ability to follow directions well (regarding lessons and projects).
hope 10:19 AM 09-10-2013
I have a sub I use very little. I love having her come so that I can make a doctor's appointment or participate at my DD school activities. The problem is it is expensive. She is a babysitter one of my families has used. Babysitters get paid $15 an hour in my area. She is also a college student so she is not always available.
Tags:assistant - job description
Reply Up