Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does The FDA Do Daycare Visits?
littlemommy 07:23 AM 12-01-2011
Last time my food program rep came for a visit, she said something about making sure I have all enrollment forms in my records. She said the FDA has been doing check up visits and is very strict about things.

Has anyone heard of this?
kathiemarie 07:41 AM 12-01-2011
Mine told me the same thing a couple of years ago. I didn't get a visit but I know some one who did. If (I'm sure you are) you follow the rules you should have no problems.
Meeko 07:41 AM 12-01-2011
Yes....the food program gets audited. I had a visit last year from the feds LOL!

The guy was actually VERY nice, but then I keep my paperwork very organized, so it wasn't a hassle. I just handed him my folder and left him too it. He checked all my paperwork. Took about 30 mins or so. Then he just thanked me and left. No biggie. They are more concerned about your FOOD PROGRAM doing THEIR jobs that they are about the individual provider.

Just make sure all your paperwork is up to date and filed neatly and you won't have a problem if someone shows up.
littlemommy 07:47 AM 12-01-2011
I need to go through all of my paperwork for the new year and organize it! Things get a bit messed up when I have DH do me a favor and stick something in a folder for me.

I wonder if my program was audited and that's why she made the comment? One thing I just realized was that I haven't been printing out my monthly submission sheets. Are they really needed? It says on the pay stub how many meals were claimed for that month.
familyschoolcare 08:08 PM 12-01-2011
When i signed up my food program rep told me the feds do random check on a yeary bases and told me they are ussualy in your area in July and August.
Oneluckymom 09:37 PM 12-01-2011
So when they do show up what do they go through?
My Daycare 06:22 AM 12-02-2011
Last week the State Board of Ed came for a visit. It seemed as if they were auditing my Food Program Sponsor, rather than me. They wanted to know if I got paid in time, if I was informed of this and that, and if I have been denied of any meals with written reasons. They also looked at my enrollment forms and sponsors visit forms.

He said that that would be their only visit ever. He was nice. After I told him I was only on the food program for a month, he was suprised that he was even sent here. They usually visit those that have been around a bit longer, so that there is more paperwork to look through and stuff. When he asked if I was normally paid on time, I had just gotten my first check a few days before.

So, I'm wondering if I should ever be expecting someone on the federal level too?
Unregistered 07:37 AM 12-02-2011
My food program agency always notifies me when the Feds are auditing them because they need to inform me that the Fed. Reps will be coming and to make sure I look for them to show their I.D. badges.

I have had visits from the Federal reps by themselves and as observers that come when my food program rep comes. I have always been under the understanding that they are auditing the food program agency and that their visit is not to audit me.
My Daycare 08:21 AM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by My Daycare:
Last week the State Board of Ed came for a visit. It seemed as if they were auditing my Food Program Sponsor, rather than me. They wanted to know if I got paid in time, if I was informed of this and that, and if I have been denied of any meals with written reasons. They also looked at my enrollment forms and sponsors visit forms.

He said that that would be their only visit ever. He was nice. After I told him I was only on the food program for a month, he was suprised that he was even sent here. They usually visit those that have been around a bit longer, so that there is more paperwork to look through and stuff. When he asked if I was normally paid on time, I had just gotten my first check a few days before.

So, I'm wondering if I should ever be expecting someone on the federal level too?
Oh and I forgot to add, that he did come to observe a meal, but i only claim an infant that doesn't eat at that time, but that was fine with him. The important thing was that I was home.
MyAngels 08:47 AM 12-02-2011
The State Board of Education can do visits here, too. I've been on the food program for nearly 20 years now and I've only had one visit from them. I was actually closed that day, and wasn't here, so my food program monitor was all up in arms about it, even though I had called their main office (per their instructions) to let them know I was closed. I guess somebody didn't get the memo .

The food program rep kept telling me to expect another visit from the SBE, but that was five or six years ago and they've never showed up again.
Country Kids 08:53 AM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
The State Board of Education can do visits here, too. I've been on the food program for nearly 20 years now and I've only had one visit from them. I was actually closed that day, and wasn't here, so my food program monitor was all up in arms about it, even though I had called their main office (per their instructions) to let them know I was closed. I guess somebody didn't get the memo .

The food program rep kept telling me to expect another visit from the SBE, but that was five or six years ago and they've never showed up again.
Same thing happened to me. They did a surprise visit to me, I was open but none of my kids had shown up on time that day and of course it was my fault. The food program was all upset at me because no one had got there yet, I couldn't believe they were mad at something beyond my control.
Tags:food program inspection, food program questions
Reply Up