Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Natural, Holistic and RAW Lifestyle>Coconut Oil
sharlan 03:54 PM 05-29-2012
Has anyone incorporated coconut oil into their diet?

I don't drink smoothies, but I do drink Glucerna once a day.
MizzCheryl 04:14 PM 05-29-2012
I love it. I cook with it, and I love it in my coffee.
Use it all the time.
I get it from Swansons. This is the cheapest place I have found it.
Fruitloops1 04:49 PM 05-29-2012
Clueless, you put coconut OIL in your coffee? Does is just melt from the heat of the coffee?

I primarily use coconut oil for baking, I want to try to use it with chicken and other types of meat. I like to spread it on toast for right out the jar.
Michael 09:43 PM 05-29-2012
Yep, we use coconut oil inside and outside. Good for the skin.
SunshineMama 04:39 AM 05-30-2012
I give my kids 1 tsp of organic coconut oil a day.

I use it on my pregnant belly (no stretch marks and I'm on baby #3)

I put in in my hair and on my face It doesn't clog pores!

I cook with it-it is SO much tastier than all other oils!

I got a pamphlet from my holistic sstore about the benefits of it and there are a million good things that it does!

Also, coconut water is really good too! Apparently it has some of the same chemical makeup as our blood and soldiers in the past used to use coconut water as IV's when they were desparate.
Countrygal 05:46 AM 05-30-2012
I have done SOME cooking with it and I use it for various skin treatments, but I have limited knowledge of using it.

I was wondering if some of you would share your recipes (both inside and out ) for using it? You could post them in the recipe section??

Thanks so much ahead of time!
Lilbutterflie 06:11 AM 05-30-2012
Where do you find it? In the baking section at most grocery stores? Or at specialty whole foods stores?
MizzCheryl 09:58 AM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by Azra11:
Clueless, you put coconut OIL in your coffee? Does is just melt from the heat of the coffee?

I primarily use coconut oil for baking, I want to try to use it with chicken and other types of meat. I like to spread it on toast for right out the jar.
Sure does. It is sweet and delish!
Not all the time but it is a treat.
MizzCheryl 10:02 AM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
Where do you find it? In the baking section at most grocery stores? Or at specialty whole foods stores?
I found a little jar in the supplement Isle at walmart but it was $10.00 TOO HIGH!

I get mine at http://www.swansonvitamins.com/
Taste coconutty! and smells good.

You can buy some refined louanns at walmart too but not nearly as healthy.
Michael 01:51 PM 05-30-2012
The best we've found is raw and cold pressed: http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals....nut-oil.phpraw
lorie 02:39 AM 08-15-2017
I mostly use it as a makeup remover and hair mask
mommyneedsadayoff 08:08 AM 08-15-2017
I buy organic, unrefined coco oil at walmart. Use it for everything!
A teaspoon in your coffee, with cream and sweetener is my morning favorite.

I cook with it, just like any othef oil. Carrots, cut in slices, cooked in coco oil are delicious...sprinkle with parsley before eating!

Body:
moisturizer
hair conditioning treatment
cold sore treatment
daycare 10:39 AM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by MizzCheryl:
I love it. I cook with it, and I love it in my coffee.
Use it all the time.
I get it from Swansons. This is the cheapest place I have found it.
Ditto I have used it for over 10 years.

I use it for everything food and body
Michael 12:50 PM 08-15-2017
I put coconut "butter" and raw honey in my tea.

https://thrivemarket.com/artisana-co...SABEgLrzfD_BwE
sharlan 05:46 PM 01-10-2018
Unfortunately, we are a coconut free home (or mostly).

Grandson is allergic to coconut. Try finding hair/skin products that don't have coconut or coconut derivatives in it.

Every label has to be read. Even my favorite Barilla pasta tortellini has coconut flour in it.
alyssahenderson 09:37 PM 04-24-2018
I put coconut oil in some of my cooking, and I also use it as a skin treatment. It helps me keep healthy.
ellen211 07:45 PM 07-22-2018
Originally Posted by alyssahenderson:
I put coconut oil in some of my cooking, and I also use it as a skin treatment. It helps me keep healthy.
Can you post some steps on how to use it as a skin care treatment?
Unregistered 02:14 PM 08-10-2018
Use it the same you would as lotion. Argon oil is great too
hwichlaz 09:05 AM 08-15-2018
I'm keto, so I use a lot of coconut oil. My diet is roughly 70% fat. I've lost about 30lbs, and my total cholesterol is about 120
Michael 10:52 AM 08-15-2018
KETO

The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. The diet forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates.
hwichlaz 11:13 AM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by Michael:
KETO

The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. The diet forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates.

Yes it is. But, unless you're dong "dirty keto" it's also grain free, no processed foods at all, no processed/altered fats etc.

It's a higher fat paleo plus dairy.

I was pre-diabetic, it's been reversed. My blood pressure is back within normal range, and my cholesterol is perfect. None of these things were true 6 months ago.

It's based on indigenous diets, pre-sugar and flour (introduced by europeans). It was originally developed as a treatment for epilepsy.
hwichlaz 11:16 AM 08-15-2018
I'm not far from my goal weight.

I was a hobby runner, eating a low fat, low sugar diet. Lots of fruits and veggies and whole grains, running 3-5 miles 5 days a week.

My weight plateaued. I was further cutting calories, working out more....nothing was helping...then I watched "The Magic Pill" on netflix. The way the European diet affected the Maori people was very eye opening. Then the REAL studies, that the Dr. in South Africa was showing at his malpractice trial......
khajwdi 04:12 AM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I'm keto, so I use a lot of coconut oil. My diet is roughly 70% fat. I've lost about 30lbs, and my total cholesterol is about 120
I'm so close to you
khajwdi 04:56 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Has anyone incorporated coconut oil into their diet?

I don't drink smoothies, but I do drink Glucerna once a day.
Oh i'm sorry didn't check the date before posting
Lovatic24 11:22 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Unfortunately, we are a coconut free home (or mostly).

Grandson is allergic to coconut. Try finding hair/skin products that don't have coconut or coconut derivatives in it.

Every label has to be read. Even my favorite Barilla pasta tortellini has coconut flour in it.
I am allergic to coconut also. We can share our favorite CC free products!
AlexCaro 07:18 PM 09-20-2020
I've never tried to cook with coconut oil. I only use it for face or hair masks. If there's an opportunity, we ask friends who are going to Thai to get 2 -3 bottles for us.
Tags:2012, coconut oil, health, organic food, raw foods
Reply Up