Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Natural, Holistic and RAW Lifestyle>CBD for Anxiety?
Josiegirl 02:42 PM 08-16-2020
Does anyone use it; does it work? Where's the best place to get it? My sister uses CBD gummies for sleeping and says they work pretty well but are very expensive($75. for 3 weeks worth). My dd has severe anxiety and I was thinking of getting her some?

Thanks!!
springv 10:22 AM 08-17-2020
I sent you an email @Josiegirl
Josiegirl 11:20 AM 08-17-2020
Thanks, got it!! I'll check into it.
springv 02:50 PM 08-23-2020
Good deal
dolores 08:21 AM 01-17-2021
Might they want to look into medical marijuna if it is available in your state? It helps tremendously with anxiety, pain etc. A doctor would need to prescribe so it will be completely legal and maybe insurance would cover some of the cost...?
Josiegirl 02:05 AM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by dolores:
Might they want to look into medical marijuna if it is available in your state? It helps tremendously with anxiety, pain etc. A doctor would need to prescribe so it will be completely legal and maybe insurance would cover some of the cost...?
Weird timing. I was just talking with my dd last night about how her anxiety was going. She said her current meds. doctor is pretty much telling her she's tried everything she can think of and needs to rely more on therapy(which she is also doing). She was also recommended another dr. who does CBT but the guy doesn't take insurance and he costs 300 buck an hour. WHO can afford that??
Anyways, back to the marijuana topic......I asked her when her anxiety started and she said her freshman yr. of college, when she started smoking marijuana. It gave her all the feelings of what she has now. This is probably a dumb question but I assume medical marijuana might be different than recreational?

I will ask her about it but she may be apprehensive only because she associates it with the beginning of all this.

I just hope eventually she finds the right combination of everything to help her cope because she has a hard time in public places, especially by herself; just going grocery shopping can send her through the roof.

Thank you
Blackcat31 12:31 PM 01-18-2021
I think there is a difference in effectiveness and/or side effects etc between smoking marijuana (THC) and using CBD

https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-vs-thc
Jupadia 01:24 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Weird timing. I was just talking with my dd last night about how her anxiety was going. She said her current meds. doctor is pretty much telling her she's tried everything she can think of and needs to rely more on therapy(which she is also doing). She was also recommended another dr. who does CBT but the guy doesn't take insurance and he costs 300 buck an hour. WHO can afford that??
Anyways, back to the marijuana topic......I asked her when her anxiety started and she said her freshman yr. of college, when she started smoking marijuana. It gave her all the feelings of what she has now. This is probably a dumb question but I assume medical marijuana might be different than recreational?

I will ask her about it but she may be apprehensive only because she associates it with the beginning of all this.

I just hope eventually she finds the right combination of everything to help her cope because she has a hard time in public places, especially by herself; just going grocery shopping can send her through the roof.

Thank you
There is a bit of a difference in streatghs or types but for some both thc and cbc can cause anxiety for some. It's like a lot of meds out there for some its helpful others it can trigger the issue.
CenterTeacher20 08:01 AM 01-19-2021
I use CBD for anxiety and body pain. The only thing I look out for is making sure I'm using marijuana-derived CBD rather than hemp-derived CBD. Everything CBD you find outside of a dispensary will be hemp-derived, and doesn't really do anything. So best bet is a CBD tincture or something from a dispensary, if there are any in your area.
Josiegirl 01:46 AM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I think there is a difference in effectiveness and/or side effects etc between smoking marijuana (THC) and using CBD

https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-vs-thc
I know but Dolores was talking about medical marijuana and I'm not sure if that's as different from recreational or not. I do need to ask dd about CBD again because I forgot what she told me but I'm pretty sure she's never tried that.
dolores 09:16 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I know but Dolores was talking about medical marijuana and I'm not sure if that's as different from recreational or not. I do need to ask dd about CBD again because I forgot what she told me but I'm pretty sure she's never tried that.
Honestly, I can’t speak to the difference between recreational and medical. I think it boils down to product quality and a person’s susceptibility. As has been mentioned, it can work for one person and not the other. Unless you have a trustworthy source, recreational can be compromised…as in the cheap stuff you get at college and on the street. I’m assuming that medical must meet certain standards (?). And it’s a plus that doctor prescribes and supervises use, and its legal…depending on where you are. It would be best to speak with a doctor about this.

I wish for you and your daughter that she finds something that works for her!

Disclaimer: my two cents that is worth waayyy less than that .
Tags:cannabis oil, cbd oil
Reply Up