Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Natural, Holistic and RAW Lifestyle>Pink Eye
flying_babyb 11:35 PM 04-30-2017
Any natural cures? Our center seems to have at least one kid with it weekly and my immune systems bad, so i tend to get it twice a month!
LittleScholars 09:16 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
Any natural cures? Our center seems to have at least one kid with it weekly and my immune systems bad, so i tend to get it twice a month!
I'm not a doctor, but I did this when I was pregnant. I'm allergic to pink eye medication considered safe for pregnant women.

I just diluted apple cider vinegar with the mother. I promise it doesn't feel great, but it works! Put some on a cotton ball and run lots of water over it. Dab it in your eye. Be careful not to get it on your skin beneath the eye or it will look awful for a few days. I got it terribly in both eyes and it was clear in two-three days. If I ever feel it coming on, I do it!
Blackcat31 09:19 AM 05-03-2017
Depends on if it's bacterial pink eye or caused by a virus.

If it's viral, you just have to wait for it to run it's course.
If it's bacterial, it requires antibiotics.

Personally, I exclude for it but I know many of our area public schools do not.

Here is the info my state's health department gives us about it: http://www.hennepin.us/-/media/henne...fact.pdf?la=en
LittleScholars 09:14 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Depends on if it's bacterial pink eye or caused by a virus.

If it's viral, you just have to wait for it to run it's course.
If it's bacterial, it requires antibiotics.

Personally, I exclude for it but I know many of our area public schools do not.

Here is the info my state's health department gives us about it: http://www.hennepin.us/-/media/henne...fact.pdf?la=en
And I definitely agree with excluding! The MOMS were passing it around here (how weird is that?). I excluded myself and disinfected everything parents may have ever touched.
VickiM 07:58 PM 11-16-2018
Good evening -- Pink eye is nofun and very contagious but Colloidal Silver is the perfect solution. I am not a doctor, you can do your research.
EmilyLily 06:20 AM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by VickiM:
Good evening -- Pink eye is nofun and very contagious but Colloidal Silver is the perfect solution. I am not a doctor, you can do your research.
My mother loves Colloidal Silver and me too! We are using it in many different situations I must admit, but never for Pink eye. Interesting!
Tags:conjunctivitis, pink eye
Reply Up