Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>advice please
littlemisssunshine 07:26 AM 03-22-2012
SO PARENT NEVER CALLS/TEXTS ME THAT CHILD ISN'T COMING. SO I TEXT HER AND ASK HER IF DCB WILL STILL BE COMING, SHE THEN RESPONDS "NO NOT ANYMORE HE CRIES TOO MUCH" IN MY CONTRACT IT STATES I MUST HAVE A 2 WEEK WRITTEN NOTICE IF CHILD WILL NOT ATTEND. SHE SIGNED AND DATED IT. SHE DOES NOT HAVE A COPY BUT I DO HAVE THE ORIGINAL AND SIGNATURE. DOES SHE STILL HAV TO PAY FOR THESE 2 WEEKS NOTICE PERIOD EVEN IF HE ISNT COMING?

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ADD THAT ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO DCB GRANDMOTHER CAME TO PICK HIM UP AND AS SHE WAS LEAVING SHE WAS OUT OF MY DOOR AND SHE FELL OFF MY PORCH STEP WITH THE BABY IN HER ARMS . CAN I BE SUED FOR THIS?
i should add he is only PT and i charge her $75 a week is the $ 150 worth all the trouble to you all?
Blackcat31 07:28 AM 03-22-2012
Isn't this the same question in a thread you posted yesterday?
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43509
littlemisssunshine 07:52 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Isn't this the same question in a thread you posted yesterday?
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43509
yes but i added details
Blackcat31 08:03 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by littlemisssunshine:
yes but i added details
Gottcha....just wasn't sure so I thought I'd ask.

In response to your question, I think you could be sued for it but probably won't be since it happened a while ago and no one has said anything yet.

I would think it would be pretty hard to proove (on grandma's end) since anything could have happened to her from then until now....know what I mean?

She could have fell at home, at Wal-mart or anywhere. She has zero proof that she received injuries at your house as far as you know so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
daycare 08:28 AM 03-22-2012
I agree with CAT.

One thing that you might want to think about for your current families and future is getting daycare insurance.

Its not that expensive.
cheerfuldom 08:35 AM 03-22-2012
Do you have in your contract that the two weeks notice must be paid whether child is in attendance or not?
sharlan 08:39 AM 03-22-2012
Yes, she can sue. Not a lawyer here, but I believe that she has a year to file.
sharlan 08:45 AM 03-22-2012
I even tell her maybe childcare isn't for this kid

You tell the grandmother that this child cries all the time. You post that you are over this family. Now you want them to pay for the next two weeks and not bring the child?

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't bring the child back, either. As the grandmother, I would take it that you gave me notice.
littlemisssunshine 09:40 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I even tell her maybe childcare isn't for this kid

You tell the grandmother that this child cries all the time. You post that you are over this family. Now you want them to pay for the next two weeks and not bring the child?

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't bring the child back, either. As the grandmother, I would take it that you gave me notice.
yes im an honest person, im not gonna tell her hes an angel when clearly he cries all day, its not my problem that he cries all day...
My3cents 09:44 AM 03-22-2012
yes im an honest person, im not gonna tell her hes an angel when clearly he cries all day, its not my problem that he cries all day...
yikes-

If he is crying when he is with you.........it becomes your problem.

littlemissmuffet 11:14 AM 03-22-2012
Um, as this child's daycare provider... yes, it is YOUR problem.
Reply Up