Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>FB Business Page Help
daycare 02:29 PM 11-04-2013
I am in the process of setting up a FB business page. I have been looking all over the internet trying to find ways to TURN OFF commenting on my page. I don't want anyone to be able to leave any form of comments.

I am not getting any useful help anywhere I look.

Does anyone know how to do this or if it is even possible?
nanglgrl 02:55 PM 11-04-2013
You should be able to see a gear in the top right of your page that gives you the option to do what you need. I will check when I get on my computer later.
Cat Herder 03:11 PM 11-04-2013
Go to Privacy Settings then to the Comments and Tagging tab.
daycare 03:48 PM 11-04-2013
I did what you said and you can still comment
Provider_Manda 07:22 PM 11-04-2013
At the top of your page it will say "Edit" there is a list of options towards the bottom you can turn off "Replies" it's the 13th options...Hope this helps
nanglgrl 08:17 PM 11-04-2013
If those don't help here's what I just did:
Go to the top of the page click the gear symbol on the right. (not in the top right, that's for your personal page. Click the gear under the banner or group photo)
Choose use Facebook as "business name".
Go to "edit page".
click on "edit settings".
The second option is posting ability. Click "Edit" and uncheck the boxes.
At the bottom of "settings" there is also a "reply" setting, you might want to go in there and turn of replies.

If this doesn't work you may have a group page and not a traditional business page so there are different instructions.
Go to the page.
Click the gear symbol on the right. (not in the top right, that's for your personal page. Click the gear under the banner or group photo)
Click "edit group settings"
Click "only administrators can post to this group.
daycare 08:19 PM 11-04-2013
it says that it is not turned on, but people can still leave comments......ugh I think that I am just going to delete the account
daycare 08:25 PM 11-04-2013
thanks so much for your help. so when I went to the little gear symbol under the banner I did not have an option that says Choose use Facebook as "business name"

Wondering if I set the page up wrong????

I do not have a personal page
Lyss 08:41 PM 11-04-2013
I'm wondering if you set up a regular profile vs a page.

If someone else in your household has a Facebook profile have them check your page/profile. If they can "like" it then it is a page if they have to send a friend request it's set up as a profile.
daycare 08:47 PM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by Lyss:
I'm wondering if you set up a regular profile vs a page.

If someone else in your household has a Facebook profile have them check your page/profile. If they can "like" it then it is a page if they have to send a friend request it's set up as a profile.
they can not send a friends request, they can only like the page....
daycare 08:47 PM 11-04-2013
I can PM it to you if you want.....
Lyss 08:56 PM 11-04-2013
I'm not sure how a business page is set up but on my page:

1.From the right menu on the top of your Page, click Edit Page
2.Select Edit Settings
3.Click Edit across from Posting Ability
4.Uncheck the boxes next to Everyone can post to [your Page's name]'s timeline and Everyone can add photos and videos to [your Page's name]'s timeline
5.Click Save Changes

Tried to add pics but they are smaller than I thought. Hopefully the business only page is the same format as the ones you can create from your personal page!
Attached: fb1.jpg (16.3 KB) fb2.jpg (18.2 KB) 
daycare 09:08 PM 11-04-2013
I feel like beating my head on a wall....I did all of that just as everyone said and then made sure I saved changes. All boxes are not checks and it still allows people to comment......
Lyss 09:17 PM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
I feel like beating my head on a wall....I did all of that just as everyone said and then made sure I saved changes. All boxes are not checks and it still allows people to comment......

Weird!!!!! That prevents people from posting on my page, I had a DH test it when he "liked" it and then I had him unlike it and then try. Both times he was unable too. Did you turn off replies too? (I'm sure you have ) it's further down. I unchecked that one too when I tested it.

Maybe mess with the visibility? so if they can't see any comments but yours it will stop them from trying to post?
Reply Up