Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Black Friday...any kids?
My4SunshineGirlsNY 04:32 AM 11-22-2010
I am only officially closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas...usually I luck out and never have any daycare kids on Black Friday, however not this year...the boy I started watching in March of this year will be coming on Friday. I know I shouldn't be annoyed as I am open, but I am. Just don't feel like anyone coming that day....I know I know, suck it up. If I wanted it off I should have said so, live and learn!

Just a little bummed about it, found out yesterday. Good news is he doesn't come to daycare until 12:15pm that day so I can still go shopping with my sister, but I'm going to be so tired I'm sure... and this boy is so extreemly busy!

How many of you have kids coming the day after Thanksgiving?
SunflowerMama 04:45 AM 11-22-2010
I always include the day after Thanksgiving in my contract as one of my paid holidays. I'm so looking forward to it. We don't shop on Black Friday but it'll be so nice to have 4 days in a row with just the husband and kids . Christmas decorations here we come!!

Does his mom/dad know he's the only one that day? Maybe you could mention it in a nice way "Well since it's just me and Bobby on Friday we'll do something fun", and they'll feel guilty and pick up early .

And next year you should definitely include it in your contract.
legomom922 04:50 AM 11-22-2010
Black friday doesn't mean anything to me anyway, so I just accept it as being any other fri, so I am open and have kids here. My shopping is done So I will watch them while their parents go shopping.
Unregistered 04:57 AM 11-22-2010
NOPE no kids Im CLOSED WOOT WOOT. I take Black Friday off every year and I take Christmas Eve off also.
marniewon 05:42 AM 11-22-2010
That day is one of my contracted (paid) days off. My family lives a few hours away, and we usually go there for Thanksgiving, so having Friday off is pretty much needed.
Reply Up