Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help!!!!!!!
littlemisssunshine 11:13 AM 03-21-2012
SO PARENT NEVER CALLS/TEXTS ME THAT CHILD ISN'T COMING. SO I TEXT HER AND ASK HER IF DCB WILL STILL BE COMING, SHE THEN RESPONDS "NO NOT ANYMORE HE CRIES TOO MUCH" IN MY CONTRACT IT STATES I MUST HAVE A 2 WEEK WRITTEN NOTICE IF CHILD WILL NOT ATTEND. SHE SIGNED AND DATED IT. SHE DOES NOT HAVE A COPY BUT I DO HAVE THE ORIGINAL AND SIGNATURE. DOES SHE STILL HAV TO PAY FOR THESE 2 WEEKS NOTICE PERIOD EVEN IF HE ISNT COMING?

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ADD THAT ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO DCB GRANDMOTHER CAME TO PICK HIM UP AND AS SHE WAS LEAVING SHE WAS OUT OF MY DOOR AND SHE FELL OFF MY PORCH STEP WITH THE BABY IN HER ARMS . CAN I BE SUED FOR THIS?
wdmmom 11:18 AM 03-21-2012
Yep! She sure does!

You are the one required to show the burden of proof in court and you have all the proof you need.

A signed contract explaining how to terminate the contract is all you need.

Keep the text message as evidence also.
Blackcat31 11:20 AM 03-21-2012
Um yeah. She signed it so that means she agreed to it. I would call her back (I persoanlly wouldn't text her about this) and tell her that you will need to get her payment for her final two weeks. If she says she isn't paying you then let her know that you plan to start actions for collection then either through the court systems, through an attorney or through a collection agency.

Most of the time (not all) parents will pay up so that they don't have to be sued but some will give you trouble about final payment. Your choice if you choose to let it go or pursue it farhter until you get the money she owes you.
SunshineMama 11:34 AM 03-21-2012
Originally Posted by littlemisssunshine:
SO PARENT NEVER CALLS/TEXTS ME THAT CHILD ISN'T COMING. SO I TEXT HER AND ASK HER IF DCB WILL STILL BE COMING, SHE THEN RESPONDS "NO NOT ANYMORE HE CRIES TOO MUCH" IN MY CONTRACT IT STATES I MUST HAVE A 2 WEEK WRITTEN NOTICE IF CHILD WILL NOT ATTEND. SHE SIGNED AND DATED IT. SHE DOES NOT HAVE A COPY BUT I DO HAVE THE ORIGINAL AND SIGNATURE. DOES SHE STILL HAV TO PAY FOR THESE 2 WEEKS NOTICE PERIOD EVEN IF HE ISNT COMING?
Yes! Small claims court if they dont pay up!
nannyde 11:37 AM 03-21-2012
Yes of course.

Just call her and say she must give writen notice and she must pay for the notice time. The child's crying isn't something that allows her out of the payment. It's enough for her to not have the child attend but it doesn't affect the money.

I highly suggest you change your notice time to a calander month and only receive notice on Friday's. That will stop these kind of spur of the moment decisions. When kids leave you get ample notice and at least three more weekly payments if you are paid in advance.
Reply Up