Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Payment Apps
lovemykidstoo 06:17 PM 01-12-2018
Does anyone have an app or anything online that is free to use that you can accept payments from? I'm about tired of people saying they forgot their checkbooks, junior didn't come, but I'll stop after work to pay you and then forget, etc. I do have 2 people that bank where I do, so they easily transfer money and that's great! I would love an app that does that but it has to be free and immediate access. Thanks!
Denali 06:33 PM 01-12-2018
Add a late payment fee and add it every day until everything is paid (including fees) in full 👍

Mine is $25 a day for every calendar day until paid. When I get the line “oh I forgot my check book-“

Me: “oh no problem, please don’t forget to add the $25 a day late payment fee when you pay.”

Funny how I get “oh! Really-? But but I’ll pay tomorrow-! Oh let me go look in the car maybe it’s there...” and low and behold it was in the car the whole time! 😬
284878 06:18 AM 01-13-2018
Venmo. Someone on here suggested it and I did some research and started using it last spring. All my parents jumped on board and created an account (it takes a few days to activate).
I sent a letter home saying that they had a knew option of payment, and steps on how to set it up. The following week everyone paid me through this app.
284878 06:21 AM 01-13-2018
And the money transfer to my account the next day. Even when the message says that it will take two days. ( My week ends on Thursday, so I get paid then.)

Bonus for me, one family pays me on Tuesday when they pay there bills for the week.
Blackcat31 07:59 AM 01-15-2018
Many of my parents opted to use Zelle

It's free and the money appears in my account minutes after the parent sent it.

https://www.zellepay.com/
lovemykidstoo 08:24 AM 01-15-2018
My credit union isn't listed. Is it hard to do if its not?
lovemykidstoo 08:25 AM 01-15-2018
Originally Posted by 284878:
And the money transfer to my account the next day. Even when the message says that it will take two days. ( My week ends on Thursday, so I get paid then.)

Bonus for me, one family pays me on Tuesday when they pay there bills for the week.
Is it next day even if that day is Saturday?
Luvnmykidz 08:32 AM 01-15-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
My credit union isn't listed. Is it hard to do if its not?
It’s easy to do if you’re credit union isn’t listed unless you’re using a business debit card. Business debit cards can not be used to set it up, otherwise you just click on the link to get started and put in your debit card info and follow the steps.
lovemykidstoo 08:37 AM 01-15-2018
Originally Posted by Luvnmykidz:
It’s easy to do if you’re credit union isn’t listed unless you’re using a business debit card. Business debit cards can not be used to set it up, otherwise you just click on the link to get started and put in your debit card info and follow the steps.
Great thanks. So my families enter their payment info and it will go to my credit union acct immediately or an app acct and then I forward to my acct at the credit union. There's no fees on either end? What's the catch
CityGarden 09:56 AM 01-15-2018
I have been using Brightwheel and love it for payments / billing. At present it is free for me (I signed up with them a bit ago) but I only allow bank transfers and no cc/debit cards as there is a % fee for that.

- I like that is sends invoices which reminds parents to pay
- It takes 2 days approx for the funds to reach my account (sometimes faster but it is not the same day)
- It tracks all the parents payments if they need / want it for tax purposes or if their employer pays a portion of their childcare (this also makes proving my income easier for me in terms of taxes, future loans, etc.)
- They are going to a fee for payments but I think it's $1 or some per family which would be a tax write off so I would be okay with that fee (it would be about $6-12 per month depending on my enrollment so I feel it's worth it for the ease of use)

Saying how much I like Brightwheel for Billing I feel I should also state I do not like the parent communication side of it for preschool age children. It really sells the idea of daily notes for parents and parents get giddy about the thought when the sign up for the billing side of it. For that non billing related reason I want something that just offering the features Brightwheel billing does but if you already do daily notes or want to do daily notes Brightwheel is nice!
Luvnmykidz 06:43 PM 01-24-2018
Great thanks. So my families enter their payment info and it will go to my credit union acct immediately or an app acct and then I forward to my acct at the credit union. There's no fees on either end? What's the catch
It should go directly to your account. When it’s the first transaction it may take a couple of days and then afterwards it should be available within minutes. I haven’t experienced any fees and my parents haven’t mentioned having to pay any fees either.
284878 06:39 AM 01-25-2018
Is it next day even if that day is Saturday?
Depends on your bank or credit union. During a holiday weekend, it said it was going to take extra time but I still had it the next day. Anytime you initiate the transfer after 7 p.m. it says that it will take an extra day but I still get it the next day.
Tags:apps, electronic payments, late payment fee
Reply Up