Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-01-2016, 07:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Application License Fees in MN

BlackCat maybe you can help me with this one...

The link on DC.com says there is a $550 application fee and an annual $400 fee (for programs with a licensed capacity of 1-24). I thought another thread BC mentioned there are no fees for our state (MN).

Reading the statute itself only confused me more - there is verbiage indicating otherwise: "Subd. 2.County fees for background studies and licensing inspections. (a) For purposes of family and group family child care licensing under this chapter, a county agency may charge a fee to an applicant or license holder to recover the actual cost of background studies, but in any case not to exceed $100 annually. A county agency may also charge a license fee to an applicant or license holder not to exceed $50 for a one-year license or $100 for a two-year license."

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=245A.10

Can anyone clear this up for me? I know there are other resources to reach out to but... this forum is so much more convenient

Thank you!
Old 11-01-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
BlackCat maybe you can help me with this one...

The link on DC.com says there is a $550 application fee and an annual $400 fee (for programs with a licensed capacity of 1-24). I thought another thread BC mentioned there are no fees for our state (MN).

Reading the statute itself only confused me more - there is verbiage indicating otherwise: "Subd. 2.County fees for background studies and licensing inspections. (a) For purposes of family and group family child care licensing under this chapter, a county agency may charge a fee to an applicant or license holder to recover the actual cost of background studies, but in any case not to exceed $100 annually. A county agency may also charge a license fee to an applicant or license holder not to exceed $50 for a one-year license or $100 for a two-year license."

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=245A.10

Can anyone clear this up for me? I know there are other resources to reach out to but... this forum is so much more convenient

Thank you!
Every county is different.

I've heard some counties pay a $200 licensing fee and others that don't pay anything. Same with back ground checks. Some counties charge for the background checks and some don't.

I re-licensed last April (2016) and for the first time had to pay a $50 re-licensing fee. Prior to that, I never paid a dime for anything. Including the initial licensing.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Every county is different.

I've heard some counties pay a $200 licensing fee and others that don't pay anything. Same with back ground checks. Some counties charge for the background checks and some don't.

I re-licensed last April (2016) and for the first time had to pay a $50 re-licensing fee. Prior to that, I never paid a dime for anything. Including the initial licensing.
Ok, that helps a lot to at least narrow it down!

Do you happen to know if there's an online tool to find out what it would be?

Otherwise, I have the contact info for my county's licensing dept. Just trying to limit how much I bother them if possible I ask a lot of questions
Old 11-01-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Ok, that helps a lot to at least narrow it down!

Do you happen to know if there's an online tool to find out what it would be?

Otherwise, I have the contact info for my county's licensing dept. Just trying to limit how much I bother them if possible I ask a lot of questions
I searched and all I could find was the contact info to your county licensing department.

So you would probably have to call or e-mail to find out for sure.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:28 PM
New Daycare.com Member

I know we are not in the same county but thought I would let you know what it cost me in here in Chisago County (north of the Twin Cities). My initial licensing fee was $150 - that included the background check. My renewal for the two year license was $200. If I remember correctly, those amounts haven't changed in at least ten years.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:19 PM
New Daycare.com Member

In Hennepin my initial licensing fee was $150 and the same amount for renewal for a two year license. You can check your county website and it should have the details. Your orientation will also go over the cost for your county.

Tags
applications, license fees, minnesota