Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>So What's Your Group Studying Right Now?
SilverSabre25 07:31 AM 10-28-2011
Next month it's going to be Community Helpers for us, as it's what's fascinating the group right now (most of them; I'm trying to figure out what will interest the couple who aren't totally obsessed with fire fighters and policemen.)

What are you guys studying?
Country Kids 07:42 AM 10-28-2011
I do MGT so this month we finished up the Ocean and next month will be the Seasons. The kids love the different activities each day. To end out the unit we took a trip yesterday to the pet store and looked at all the fish, turtles, plants, anything that had to do with the Ocean.

Trying to think up something that we can visit that will go with the Seasons. That is where I'm going to need ideas.
SilverSabre25 08:07 AM 10-28-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Trying to think up something that we can visit that will go with the Seasons. That is where I'm going to need ideas.
How about a conservatory?
Blackcat31 08:19 AM 10-28-2011
We are in the middle of learning about Fall harvesting, where our food comes from and how we get it and a little bit about winter preparations.

We have been talking about how gardens are harvested, food is picked, prepared and stored.

We also have included how the animals start preparing for winter by gathering their food and storing it.

Humans also prepare for winter by doing specific things. One little boy broought up raking leaves and putting our flowerbeds to rest for the winter. Another boy brought up the subject of putting our boats away and getting out our snowmobiles. We have also touched base on how our shorts, tank tops and swimsuits are put away and out winter clothing is brought out.

I love how many different things the kids came up with that signals winter not only in the community but within their families as well.
kendallina 12:17 PM 10-28-2011
Halloween...lol

Starting next week, my MW group will be studying feelings, cooperation, etc. Something that we visited in early September, but it keeps coming up as an interest of theirs as well as a need of theirs....

My TTH group has been playing really interested in the baby/doctor stuff for a while and we haven't done much with it except have the stuff out to play during free time, so I think we're going to do something with that next week or two...perhaps doing something with visiting the doctor and maybe really getting into what all the 'instruments' are called and acting out some doctor's visits. Many of my kiddos in that group have either just had their birthday or have it next month, so I imagine they're all going in for doctor's visits.
mismatchedsocks 12:28 PM 10-28-2011
This week, and next is discussing fall and weather. This week we did nature walk, got leaves, compared to pictures from summer of nature walk. Talked about rain, made umbrellas, and made some pumpkins from all different items. Pompoms, tissue paper, construction paper, pipe cleaners. We have had rain, sun, fog, clouds, and partly cloudy/sunny this week. Lets keep the snow far away for now!
WImom 01:17 PM 10-28-2011
Halloween this week and Monday
Nov. Themes:
Fall and Leaves
Thanksgiving and Turkeys
Babies
sharlan 02:16 PM 10-28-2011
Finishing up Halloween - pumpkins and witches.

I think the next two weeks will be transportation. The last two will be Thanksgiving.
Cat Herder 03:00 PM 10-28-2011
Finishing up Apple Harvest, Pumpkin Patches, Falling Leaves, Grandparents and Changing Seasons for October.

Starting Giving Thanks, Courtesy/Being Polite, Table Manners, Families and Sharing for November.
dave4him 06:27 PM 10-28-2011
still looking into ideas
sharlan 08:54 PM 10-28-2011
Just finished printing out the boys' lap books.

Will go through the toy boxes and find various methods of transportation - parachute, helicopter, train, car, bus, plane, boat, horse, etc for the sensory bins. I'll also add the vowels Aa, Ee, Ii, Oo, Uu and #'s 1-6.

I'll also print out some cookie cutter tracing and cutting sheets.
Tags:community
Reply Up