Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2019 Hot Car Deaths
Cat Herder 09:18 AM 04-23-2019
Another year, and yet it will continue.

2. 4/10/2019 Perdido Key, FL 81 Joy Monell-Merritt 2 yrs

1. 4/4/2019 Melbourne, FL 79 Richard Wighart 14 mo

Source - https://www.noheatstroke.org/

2. https://news.yahoo.com/fla-mom-accus...155815160.html - "the girl’s mother, Jessica Monell, 36, was arrested last week and charged with homicide-neglect manslaughter, neglect of a child, three counts of possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and possession of drug equipment."

1. https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/04/...-cocaine-cops/ - "Emily Hartman, 26... left alone in her car several on several instances between April 3 and April 4. With her son in the car, she reportedly drank with a friend at a bar and spent the evening of April 3 meeting up with several people. The following morning, she allegedly picked up a small bag of cocaine to sell and entered a North Melbourne home—where she smoked marijuana while she left Wighard unattended in her car for up to six hours. Hartman was arrested earlier this week and charged with aggravated manslaughter by neglect, possession with intent to sell cocaine and possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana. On Wednesday, a judge ordered her to remain jailed without bond. "
Pestle 12:37 PM 04-23-2019
The truly accidental ones are heartbreaking. The clueless ones are tragic. But the drug-addled ones make me wish they'd just leave the kid in a shopping cart in a Target somewhere instead.
happymom 12:46 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Pestle:
The truly accidental ones are heartbreaking. The clueless ones are tragic. But the drug-addled ones make me wish they'd just leave the kid in a shopping cart in a Target somewhere instead.
Right? So sad.
Cat Herder 07:48 AM 04-26-2019
3. 4/22/2019 Glendale, AZ 86 Girl 18 mo

" it has been determined that the father was the last person to drive the family vehicle, Ngalula explained.

Police have not formally submitted any charges, and the parents will not be identified at this time, Ngalula stated.

"The girl's body was found inside the car by her father Monday evening; he then called the police and gave her CPR until the paramedics arrived, Ngalula said in a press conference Monday. " - https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...le/3550195002/

"When the baby's father found the girl inside the car at an apartment complex Monday afternoon, officers were sent to the scene. The baby had been there for at least a few hours and "died from being left inside the vehicle," police said in a statement, adding that the parents were at the scene and spoke with detectives." - https://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-girl-...ry?id=62573081
Blackcat31 08:22 AM 05-07-2019
4-year-old died in hot car as father worked at Minnesota food festival for nearly 6 hours

A 26-year-old Minnesota father has been arrested after he allegedly left his 4-year-old son in a hot car for hours as he worked an event in downtown St. Paul.

The boy, who was not identified, died after his father, Kristopher Alexander Taylor, left him in the car for hours as he worked at the Minnesota Monthly 8th Annual Grillfest at CHS Field in downtown St. Paul on Saturday, according to charging documents filed in Ramsey County.

When Taylor returned around 5:15 p.m., he noticed that his son was unresponsive and "stiff," causing him to yell the boy's name and shake him, authorities said.

Taylor carried his son as he ran into the Regions Hospital around 5:35 p.m.and "frantically" asked for help, according to the probable cause statement.

Hospital staff thought the child was having a seizure, since his whole body was stiff, and he was pronounced dead after anti-seizure medicine had no effect, according to the complaint.

Taylor allegedly later admitted to police that he "left his son in the Journey for the entirety of his work shift" because he "couldn't find anyone to watch his son," according to the criminal complaint. Taylor also allegedly stated that the last time he checked on the boy was at 11:30 a.m., police said.

Taylor has been charged with second-degree manslaughter and is currently being held at the Ramsey County jail.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/year-died-...ry?id=62859182
Blackcat31 08:25 AM 05-07-2019
https://www.nbc4i.com/news/u-s-world...car/1985937340

ST. PAUL, MN (KARE) The death of a 4-year-old boy in hot car Saturday in St. Paul, Minnesota marks a dubious distinction.

"This is the 800th pediatric vehicular heatstroke case that we've documented going back to 1998," Jan Noll said.

Noll, a meteorologist, runs the website noheatstroke.org. He's also extensively studied temperatures in parked car during a variety of weather patterns.

Under sunny skies Saturday in St. Paul, the temperature reached 70 degrees. Based on his research, Noll estimates the temperature in the car where the boy died "would have been probably approaching 120 degrees."

Blackcat31 06:14 AM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
4-year-old died in hot car as father worked at Minnesota food festival for nearly 6 hours

A 26-year-old Minnesota father has been arrested after he allegedly left his 4-year-old son in a hot car for hours as he worked an event in downtown St. Paul.

The boy, who was not identified, died after his father, Kristopher Alexander Taylor, left him in the car for hours as he worked at the Minnesota Monthly 8th Annual Grillfest at CHS Field in downtown St. Paul on Saturday, according to charging documents filed in Ramsey County.

When Taylor returned around 5:15 p.m., he noticed that his son was unresponsive and "stiff," causing him to yell the boy's name and shake him, authorities said.

Taylor carried his son as he ran into the Regions Hospital around 5:35 p.m.and "frantically" asked for help, according to the probable cause statement.

Hospital staff thought the child was having a seizure, since his whole body was stiff, and he was pronounced dead after anti-seizure medicine had no effect, according to the complaint.

Taylor allegedly later admitted to police that he "left his son in the Journey for the entirety of his work shift" because he "couldn't find anyone to watch his son," according to the criminal complaint. Taylor also allegedly stated that the last time he checked on the boy was at 11:30 a.m., police said.

Taylor has been charged with second-degree manslaughter and is currently being held at the Ramsey County jail.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/year-died-...ry?id=62859182
Here is the follow up for this case and what happened to the father

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...-Paul-ballpark

“No one can hate me more than I hate myself … I think about it everyday,” Kristopher Taylor said. “Every time I breathe. Every time I wake up … Yes, I think about him … Yes, I dream about him.”

The 26-year-old spoke during his sentencing hearing Friday, Oct. 11, on one count of second-degree manslaughter in the death of his little boy, who Taylor left inside a car for six hours parked in full sunlight outside CHS Field this past May as he worked a shift for a vendor.

Taylor even welcomed the notion of prison, Brown continued, adding that he wanted to do whatever he could to take responsibility for his actions.

But both sides agreed after Taylor entered a guilty plea in his case that prison wasn’t appropriate for him. Taylor doesn’t have a criminal record.

With that in mind, it was known heading into Friday’s hearing that Taylor would receive a stayed sentence for his conviction and instead be placed on probation for 10 years.

The only question was whether he would be ordered to serve either six months or a year in jail as well.

Ramsey County District Judge Robert Awsumb sentenced him to a year, but said half of it could be served on electronic home monitoring.

Awsumb also granted Brown’s request to stay the imposition of Taylor’s conviction, meaning the felony will become a misdemeanor if he successfully completes his 10-year probation period.
Josiegirl 03:22 AM 06-29-2019
This baby was saved!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...L&ocid=SK2ADHP

But seriously, what WAS she thinking??
Cat Herder 07:35 AM 07-01-2019
16, now.

16. 6/30/2019 Sioux City, IA 98 Girl 16 mo

15. 6/27/2019 Morristown, TN 90 Boy 3 yr

14. 6/22/2019 Galveston, TX 92 Ryan Peña 18 mo

13. 6/21/2019 Bardwell, TX 94 Mia Villegas 11 mo

12. 6/20/2019 Providence Village, TX 98 Kaysen Neyland 4 yr

11. 6/8/2019 Butler County, KS 86 Girl 3 mo

10. 6/2/2019 Calverton Park, MO 79 Joseline Eichelberger 11 mo

9. 5/22/2019 Blytheville, SC 88 Zion Akinrefon 4 yr

8. 5/22/2019 Jacksonville, FL 95 Brooklyn Isaac 4 mo

7. 5/11/2019 Lake Havasu, AZ 85 Malia Mae Martin 18 mo

6. 5/6/2019 Lakewood Township, NJ 69 Girl 21 mo

5. 5/4/2019 St. Paul, MN 71 Riley Taylor 4 yr

4. 5/2/2019 Boomer, NC 82 Kaiden Logan 9 mo

3. 4/22/2019 Glendale, AZ 86 Girl 18 mo

2. 4/10/2019 Perdido Key, FL 81 Joy Monell-Merritt 2 yrs

1. 4/4/2019 Melbourne, FL 79 Richard Wighart 14 mos
Cat Herder 07:44 AM 07-01-2019
Ellis County authorities are investigating after an 11-month-old baby girl died in a hot car last Friday.

A family member called deputies about 5:15 p.m. to the 500 block of Elm Street in the town of Bardwell about an unresponsive child.

13. "When authorities arrived, the girl was not breathing. Deputies began performing CPR until paramedics arrived. Medical staff eventually ceased CPR and declared the child dead.

She was taken to the Dallas County medical examiner's office for an autopsy, authorities said. The child was identified as Mia Villegas, who died of hyperthermia, according to the Ennis Daily News.

Authorities didn't say how long the girl was left inside the vehicle." - https://www.dallasnews.com/news/elli...uthorities-say

15. "Morristown police discovered a three-year-old boy dead in a minivan Thursday after responding to a report of a missing child.

Officers were dispatched to a residence on the 2400 block of Fairview Road around 10 p.m. Thursday to investigate the disappearance of the toddler who had not been seen since around 4 p.m.

Officers found the child dead in a minivan parked in the driveway. Police say the van appears to have not been driven in some time and the child climbed into the van himself.

Morristown police say it appears to have been a miscommunication between the boy’s grandmother and parents. The parents work night shift and went to bed at 4 p.m. and the grandmother thought the child was with them taking a nap.

The boy’s parents left for work shortly before police were called and thought the child was with the grandmother. The grandmother called the parents when she was putting the kids to bed and couldn’t find the 3-year-old. The parents then called police.

Officers say it took around 15 minutes to find the boy and believe the passenger door was unlocked, not the sliding door. They believe the child got in through the passenger door and couldn’t get back out.

The police department at this time is calling it a tragic accident." - https://www.wkrn.com/news/tennessee-...tennessee-van/

16. "A 16-month-old girl died Sunday after police say she was left in a vehicle parked on the city's west side. According to a press release from the Sioux City Police Department, at around 3:58 p.m. Sunday, officers were called to the 1400 block of Rebecca Street for an unconscious child. The girl was left in the vehicle unattended.

The child was taken to UnityPoint Health-St. Luke's, where she was pronounced dead.

The Sioux City Police Department is investigating the incident." - https://siouxcityjournal.com/news/lo...2ae42ba86.html
Cat Herder 06:45 AM 07-18-2019
21 7/16/2019 Richmond, VA 93 Girl 10 mo
20 7/11/2019 Smyrna, TN 93 Daylin Palmer 3 yr
19 7/9/2019 Evansville, IN 90 Oliver Dill 3 yr
18 7/2/2019 Denton, TX 93 Sarbesh Gurung 2 yr
17 6/30/2019 Sioux City, IA 98 Girl 16 mo
16 6/28/2019 Dothan, AL 93 Castiel King 2 yr
15 6/27/2019 Morristown, TN 90 Boy 3 yr
14 6/22/2019 Galveston, TX 92 Ryan Peña 18 mo
13 6/21/2019 Bardwell, TX 94 Mia Villegas 11 mo
12 6/20/2019 Providence Village, TX 98 Kaysen Neyland 4 yr
11 6/8/2019 Butler County, KS 86 Girl 3 mo
10 6/2/2019 Calverton Park, MO 79 Joseline Eichelberger 11 mo
9 5/22/2019 Blytheville, SC 88 Zion Akinrefon 4 yr
8 5/22/2019 Jacksonville, FL 95 Brooklyn Isaac 4 mo
7 5/11/2019 Lake Havasu, AZ 85 Malia Mae Martin 18 mo
6 5/6/2019 Lakewood Township, NJ 69 Girl 21 mo
5 5/4/2019 St. Paul, MN 71 Riley Taylor 4 yr
4 5/2/2019 Boomer, NC 82 Kaiden Logan 9 mo
3 4/22/2019 Glendale, AZ 86 Girl 18 mo
2 4/10/2019 Perdido Key, FL 81 Joy Monell-Merritt 2 yrs
1 4/4/2019 Melbourne, FL 79 Richard Wighart 14 mos
Blackcat31 07:07 AM 07-18-2019
I have a DC family that does NOT communicate with me about attendance. DCD works a construction job so if it's rainy he doesn't work and usually keeps DCK. This happens regularly. I have discussed the importance of communication with them several times to no avail.

Yesterday about 10-15 minutes prior to closing, I am outside picking up the playground toys when DCM pulls up. She enters the yard and looks around and says "Oh is DCK inside?" I am like and said "No, DCK was a no show today." DCM says "No one called or texted you?"

Nope.

For a few loooooong seconds I thought to myself "Oh my Lord! What if DCK is in the car!!!!!! "
Like everywhere across the country it's been seriously HOT outside.

They weren't (DCK was safe at home) but seriously....this is exactly how this stuff happens.... two parents that live together do NOT communicate with me or each other ALL day long.

Shameful and sad considering the methods of communication abundant today.
Scared the bejeezus out out of me.
Ariana 07:10 AM 07-18-2019
With the temps in AZ right now a kid wouldn’t last 10 minutes.

Makes you wonder how many animals die this way
Tags:2019, accountability, criminal charges, hot car death, hot car death prevention, hot car deaths, parent - its a verb, prosecution
Reply Up