Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCP's Are Such A Hassle Sometimes
daycarediva 09:26 AM 08-18-2013
What on earth should I do with THIS one.

6/17 Originally per diem, wanted a steady guaranteed day each week, signed new contract. SAHM. No future mention of any further need for additional days.

7/15 "I have a PT job but it's alternate hours with my dh." no additional days/hours were requested.

8/1 Another client dropped a day, I posted it as available in the newsletter, another PT client picked it up. **edited to clarify I had 3 days available total**

8/12 Complains to me because she has to drop DCK off at SIL's because she has to go in to work earlier than anticipated 2 days/week (dck with me other day). I offer her the EXACT two days she needs, of course I won't discount since she only wants to bring dck at the end of the day. She declines.

8/15 stops to pay me, says SIL doesn't want to watch dck, asks if days are available, I say yes, but I cannot guarantee them.

8/17 another PT client arranges a meeting and signs paperwork securing those days, with a check for the next month.

8/17 post on business facebook that the days are filled, no more openings until 9/3 when dck goes to school.

8/18 get THREE emails from dcm, getting progressively more irate, saying that I really put her in a bind for not having anything available and she NEEDS 4 days a week at X rate (HALF!) or she will have to start looking.

Gets SUPER SHOCKED when I respond "Sorry to hear that, told you it was first some, first serve, and I won't give discounts since it takes up the full day. I will take this as your notice. Your balance is X, and dck's last day is X, good luck to you in your search for childcare."

I really want to add "and you're lucky I responded AT ALL on a weekend."
Tags:parents - don't cooperate
Up