Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just my thoughts..
caregiver 07:15 AM 10-08-2015
Hi, I am just expressing my opinion and thoughts on families today. I have been doing daycare for 33 yrs now and going to retire soon, but want to say that taking care of other people's children has been most of the time a joy and I have felt that I have contributed a little to the lives of the children in a good way.
My only thoughts are that it is too bad that children are being raised by us daycare providers and not their own families in today's world. Thank goodness there are people like us that love children and care for them during the day. I know Mom's and Dad's have to work today to just live and some work just because they want to, not that they need to,but I feel so bad for the kids today that they are missing so much time with their parents. I guess I am old school,I raised my own 2 son's by being home with them,but don't regret one minute of being a stay at home mom. Yes,we could have afforded a nicer house,newer cars,etc, but that was not what was important to us, it was our children that came first.
Since kids are in daycare all day long,10 hours or so, parents are not getting the time to really spend with their kids and it is the kids that are missing out.
I just looked at the sweet little boy that is napping right now in my daycare and thinking how his parents and him are missing time with each other. Times and the world is changing since I had my kids and parents just don't have the options anymore of being able to stay home with their kids and that is really so sad,but that is just the way it is now.
So just wanted to express my thoughts on families of today.
Up