Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Popsicle Stick Snowflake Project
Abigail 11:46 PM 11-27-2011
What do you guys think of this? Is the poem the best one to attach to the snowflake too? I never heard this poem before.
http://jennwa.blogspot.com/2007/12/p...-and-poem.html

I actually bought jumbo craft sticks because I was going to glue 3 together to make a snowflake. Then I was going to glue on puzzle pieces. I am just searching right now to see if I should do something else or not. The puzzle pieces I have are completely blank, it is one of those "make your own" puzzles that you must color or draw or write on and it's already pre-cut into however many pieces.
Lianne 05:57 AM 11-28-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
What do you guys think of this? Is the poem the best one to attach to the snowflake too? I never heard this poem before.
http://jennwa.blogspot.com/2007/12/p...-and-poem.html

I actually bought jumbo craft sticks because I was going to glue 3 together to make a snowflake. Then I was going to glue on puzzle pieces. I am just searching right now to see if I should do something else or not. The puzzle pieces I have are completely blank, it is one of those "make your own" puzzles that you must color or draw or write on and it's already pre-cut into however many pieces.
The poem is ok depending on the views of your families. I don't incorporate any religious anything in my daycare. I don't feel that's my place. It's the children's parents' role to introduce/teach what they want to. So, that's not a poem I'd use but for lots of other providers it wouldn't be a problem. It's a nice poem for those who incorporate religion in their care.

I love the craft idea, though, and have bookmarked it
SimpleMom 07:05 AM 11-28-2011
Very Cute idea! The poem seems just fine. Never heard the poem before, either.
Abigail 01:23 AM 11-29-2011
I don't mind the poem and do have children's bibles here we read. I don't "teach" it, but it's available. Anyways, I'm trying to find a cute poem too attach to a snow flake. Also trying to find a cute poem to attach to a cinnamon applesauce ornament.....smell good! Made a sample tonight and they should be dry in two days.
GretasLittleFriends 08:41 AM 11-29-2011
Snowflake Poems:

Every friend (child) is like a snowflake, unique in beauty and design. Each sparkles in a different way—some are playful, some refined. But, unlike fragile snowflakes that fade when the sun appears, friends (children) grow even more beautiful with every passing year.

Snowflakes~
Every one is Unique
None are the Same
Falling from the heavens above
Twirling, dancing, frolicking in the cold air
So soft and white.

snow flake snow flake flying through the air, little fairy frosting flying everywhere, lite upon a tiny bush, light upon a tree–—

The Snowflake Prayer Thank You, God, For the gift of winter. For the cold frosty snow And shimmering icicles, For frozen lakes and rivers, And most of all for snowflakes, Ever so beautiful, so special, So one of a kind. Let them remind me that I am like that in Your eyes… So beautiful, so special, So one of a kind. Thank You, God for snowflakes, Thank You God, for me.
GretasLittleFriends 09:06 AM 11-29-2011
Ornament Poems:

Put these precious ornaments
Upon our family Christmas tree.
Each Christmas put them away
To keep them all safe for me!
I'll want them one day
For MY own family tree.
When I am all grown up
For my children to see!

Something spicy and pretty too
For the holiday season
To say I love you.
Hang me in the kitchen
Or maybe on the tree.
And every time you get a "whiff"
I hope you'll think of me!
Abigail 01:17 AM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
Ornament Poems:

Put these precious ornaments
Upon our family Christmas tree.
Each Christmas put them away
To keep them all safe for me!
I'll want them one day
For MY own family tree.
When I am all grown up
For my children to see!

Something spicy and pretty too
For the holiday season
To say I love you.
Hang me in the kitchen
Or maybe on the tree.
And every time you get a "whiff"
I hope you'll think of me!
"Whiff" makes me think of doing a smelly project. Maybe the cinnamon scented ornaments.
Tags:art, christmas, craft, project, snowflake, winter
Reply Up