Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Happy Tuesday After a Long Weekend.....not
DaisyMamma 06:04 AM 05-29-2012
Is it just me?
I really enjoyed my day off.....but kids show up exhausted, miserable and just plain mean on Tuesday!
I've already delt with a screaming infant who I put right down to bed and I have an 18 mo. old who is about to go down. Hes been hitting and crying since he walked in the door.

I could scream! UGH!
Blackcat31 06:06 AM 05-29-2012
(((hugs)))

Ah, "Re-training Day"..... ........longer weekends do sometimes come with a price.....especially if the DCF's you have do things REALLY differently than you do.

Hang in there.....
cheerfuldom 06:13 AM 05-29-2012
I put everyone done for morning naps after those long weekends.
B Lou 06:15 AM 05-29-2012
Crap I have a 11 month old that came in screaming because she was so tired from the weekend. And then a SAer that was up until midnight. Poor thing has to go to school this tired and today is track and field day. Lucky her. NOT!!!!
AfterSchoolMom 06:36 AM 05-29-2012
I just posted something similar. It always makes me wonder what on earth these families are doing all weekend!
DaisyMamma 07:51 AM 05-29-2012
I don't think it matters what they do. Some try to pack too much in to a short weekend, keep the kids out late after being busy all day, skip naps, give them whatever they want so they don't have to hear them cry, etc. Some relax and have a quiet weekend. But either way, what they do is different from what we do. They have different routines and get use to being with their parents, making our jobs a lot of fun on the first morning of the week!
Bookworm 02:51 PM 05-29-2012
I actually had the opposite effect today. They were very calm and strangely quiet. They got excited when I brought out the trains but after 20 min, they calmed down. Lunch was peaceful with some talking and 16 out of 17 were asleep in 15-20 min. I think the aliens took my kids.
DaisyMamma 03:41 AM 05-30-2012
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
I actually had the opposite effect today. They were very calm and strangely quiet. They got excited when I brought out the trains but after 20 min, they calmed down. Lunch was peaceful with some talking and 16 out of 17 were asleep in 15-20 min. I think the aliens took my kids.
Wonderful!
Countrygal 05:34 AM 05-30-2012
I had three - count them THREE - incidents of hitting, pushing, biting. The worst day ever for this!

At least Friday comes early this week!
Reply Up