Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>dc baby finally had hernia surgery
sharlan 09:12 AM 09-03-2013
I've had this little one since she was 4 mos, now 21 mos. I was always concerned about the huge hernia she had next to her huge outie belly button. I always asked the mom to question the dr at every dr's appt. Dr's kept telling her that it would close on its own and not to worry about it.

About 8 mos ago, I could see the area slipping in and out while she was crying. It really scared me so I told Mom I wanted a note from her dr stating it would close on its own. Again dr said to keep an eye on it, but don't worry. 6 mos ago, I demanded the note. Dr finally gave the mom a referral to a surgeon.

Surgeon took one look at it and said it needed to be repaired. Finally, after all this time, it was repaired on Thursday. She now has the cutest little innie belly button and you can't even see where the dr went in at.

Now, if the dr will finally give her her shots that she should have had 3 mos ago. The dr didn't want to give her her shots until after her surgery. I did get a dr's note stating that they were holding off on her shots until after surgery.
Blackcat31 11:09 AM 09-03-2013
Aw, I am glad DCK got the needed surgery. It's fantastic that you insisted.... What a great provider you are for noticing the symptoms of something that could have been much worse if left unattended to.

As far as the imms go, I have had parents bring me a doctors note stating that the child I behind on the imms but then listed the schedule/plan for catching them back up to date.

My licensor has been satisfied with that as long as there is a written plan in place from the physician.
Meyou 01:36 AM 09-04-2013
Hernias look so scary! I have a friend who has had 3 children with them...all had to be repaired between 3 and 5 years old. That little one is lucky to have you keeping a close eye on her problem.
Reply Up