Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help 9 month old Yelling at lunch
josie2014 09:38 AM 04-28-2014
I have 9 month old son and also I have 9 month old DCK,at lunch time she's starting to yelling when I give my baby turn for his food.I just only taking carr of her and another part time kid . Basically is just only my baby and the 9 month old baby.When I put spoon in my baby mouyh she's start to yelling and I put spoon in her mouth she's stop and again she's start to yelling.I tried to talk to her everthing,but she's start to cry harder and louder.The only way she's stop it's when I only feed her...I don't know what to do...She's not hungry,I always give her bottle before lunch.
cheerfuldom 09:51 AM 04-28-2014
So she is eating for you? Why not start doing small finger foods so she can feed herself? Even a handful of plain cheerios will keep her busy while you feed your own child. or you can feed her first, put her down to play while you feed your son.
nothingwithoutjoy 09:56 AM 04-28-2014
I was also going to suggest finger foods. And a friend gave me a good idea--a second spoon--a clean one that she can just hold and practice with.
josie2014 10:15 AM 04-28-2014
Thank you for your replys...I give finger food for her,I tried that,she is addicted to finger food...She's can eat half snack can in less than 5 mi not kidding...She's is super fast girl...You don't have idea.Never stops just when sleeping.I think she's need to learn isn't that way,tomorrow I will try give plastic spoon and see how goes.HER MOM SAYS SHE'S JUST DO THAT WITH ME,IN HER HOUSE SHE'S CLEAN DO EVERTHING WHILE FEEDING HER...
cheerfuldom 10:29 AM 04-28-2014
I keep boxes of plain off-brand cheerios for kids like this. After they have lunch and bottle, they get cheerios to fill up on. and if you have to put her down from the table and let her cry, thats fine. she is feed, supervised, ect. so dont feel bad to say no to her if you have to. sounds like mom has her a bit spoiled and expecting you to do the same thing.
My3cents 10:32 AM 04-28-2014
Originally Posted by josie2014:
I have 9 month old son and also I have 9 month old DCK,at lunch time she's starting to yelling when I give my baby turn for his food.I just only taking carr of her and another part time kid . Basically is just only my baby and the 9 month old baby.When I put spoon in my baby mouyh she's start to yelling and I put spoon in her mouth she's stop and again she's start to yelling.I tried to talk to her everthing,but she's start to cry harder and louder.The only way she's stop it's when I only feed her...I don't know what to do...She's not hungry,I always give her bottle before lunch.
give her some finger foods and a spoon of her own to hold. Try giving her the bottle after lunch? or you can turn her chair so she can't see you feeding your baby, or feed separately.

I wish you the best with this.
My3cents 10:35 AM 04-28-2014
Originally Posted by josie2014:
Thank you for your replys...I give finger food for her,I tried that,she is addicted to finger food...She's can eat half snack can in less than 5 mi not kidding...She's is super fast girl...You don't have idea.Never stops just when sleeping.I think she's need to learn isn't that way,tomorrow I will try give plastic spoon and see how goes.HER MOM SAYS SHE'S JUST DO THAT WITH ME,IN HER HOUSE SHE'S CLEAN DO EVERTHING WHILE FEEDING HER...
spread your cheerios around so she has to work at them to get them. or give them to her a few at a time. I would do cheerios if she was that quick with the puffs. or...soft veggies and fruits and cheese. lunch items that she can have. cut them up super small and spread them on her tray.
My3cents 10:36 AM 04-28-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I keep boxes of plain off-brand cheerios for kids like this. After they have lunch and bottle, they get cheerios to fill up on. and if you have to put her down from the table and let her cry, thats fine. she is feed, supervised, ect. so dont feel bad to say no to her if you have to. sounds like mom has her a bit spoiled and expecting you to do the same thing.

josie2014 02:56 PM 04-28-2014
I will try tomorrow and I came back and they how works out...She doesn't do every day but mostly the days,I spread out really well but you don't have idea how fast she eat everything...
Laurel 03:56 PM 04-28-2014
You could try one of these. It will take her a while to get to the Cheerios.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...&KPID=14712505
Unregistered 07:10 AM 04-29-2014
Yes I will buy one those.Thank you
I tried the spoon this morning she's just throw the spoon,her cup and the puffs all over the place...and cried cried cried OMG...my child is soo easy baby if wasn't for him I couldn't handle her...I hope in couple month she's will stops....Her mom told me I have to teach her...What do you thinking I am doing here?????
I tried everything with your daughter she's just tantrum....I will say something I never saw I kid like her...She super fast,and loud...But I like her....I hope she's will change.
Heidi 08:02 AM 04-29-2014
You can talk to her, you know...

"You're yelling. That hurts my ears. Please stop. Shhhh......"

" I will feed you when you stop yelling"

"Yelling at the table is not ok" remove from table to somewhere else

"It is ds's turn to eat. When he is done, it will be your turn".

You might consider a play area away from you, NOT her bed, with some toys in it. If she starts tantruming, move her there. "Your yelling hurts my ears. Let's find something else to do while I feed ds. Here...you can play with TOYS!"

I haven't fed a 9 month old in years, btw. They get a plate of food, out of reach, and they get 4-5 pieces of food at a time. My 10mo dcb feeds himself everything from a plate now. A little messy, but he is completely independent. Afterwards, I just have a little cleanup to do, with the help of my Shih-Tzu.
Reply Up