Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another Pottying Question
Josiegirl 03:20 PM 10-22-2015
I have 2 dcgs who are showing interest in toileting, which is great. Then another little girl who loves the process but never accomplishes anything, so that makes 3. I really don't want to discourage any of them from trying to be successful at this BUT it's getting to the point where 1 of them wants to go every 15 minutes, half hour, sometimes right after she's gone she wants to go again. And you need to know she is a strong-willed independent 2 yo who happens to be going through yep, the terrible two's. Soooo, needless to say when I tell her we'll wait a little while she lets the whole neighborhood know she's very unhappy about it. Good thing she's so darn cute.

Any advice? I'm doing the obvious by trying to redirect, etc., but man, is she exhausting.
Ariana 04:46 PM 10-22-2015
Children are very rarely ready before 2.5-3 years old. A lot of kids around 18 months - 2 years begin showing major interest in the potty and in their bodily functions and many people start the potty training process. Unfortunately they are likely not ready. I think this is what you are experiencing at the moment. It is something new, she gets praise for doing it and she is finding it amusing and fun. Unfortunately you may need to come up with some ideas like having a clock that rings when it's time to go or something along those lines to try and nip this in the bud. I would also say that if she is ready for the potty she should be able to go by herself when she needs to. She should be able to undress and redress after she has gone by herself.
Reply Up