Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Considered FT or PT?
twirlerzmom 04:49 PM 05-04-2017
Hi, I'm a lurker on here but finally got brave enough to ask for some advice. I have multiple DCK's leaving within the next few months. One family wants 5 days (M-F) mornings only. Would you consider that FT or PT? I'm leaning towards FT since it would be hard to find another family that only wants the M-F afternoons. My policy states 4-5 days is FT but didn't really specify all or partial days. I guess that's something I need to clarify. I did clarify it on my website but not on actual contracts as it's something I just changed within the last few weeks and before I knew of these upcoming openings. Any advice?
Thank you
CityGarden 05:54 PM 05-04-2017
Here are some threads on this topic: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=half+day+care

I offer a half day program until 12:30pm and an extended day option until 3:30pm children can schedule to come 2, 3 or 5 days per week. It works because my personal budget is based on the half day rate.

In example if I needed to make $45 a day per spot my 1/2 day rate would be $45 per day and my extended day would be slightly higher like $55 per day - this way you are not discounting your rates you are actually bumping them in the afternoon yet parents "feel" they get a discount at the half day rate. In my area some daycares charge my half day rate (not the rates in the example above) for full day 6am - 6pm. It has taken a bit longer to fill my spots but I do find parents feel the value in my program and what I offer is worth the higher cost.
Ariana 06:01 PM 05-04-2017
I charge FT and PT rates by hours. Less than 4 hours a day is part time. Over 4 hours is full time. A lot of people do not take part timers because they take up a space at half the rate so you have to do what works best for you! All of my kids are part time but most pay full day rates because they are only with me a couple days a week for a full 8 hour day. I have one child who is with me 5 half days and she pays a rate that is more than my part time rate but less than my full time rate because the kid is here 5 hours not 4. I knew if I charged mom a full day rate she would send her full day which I didn't want

Sorry this is so confusing
Unregistered 04:42 AM 05-05-2017
I dont even offer a part time rate. My rate is $170/week and the parent chooses how many days/hours their child attends.
DaveA 05:18 AM 05-05-2017
I don't do part time, but if I did I would do it based on the number of days used/ week not hours/ day. I would consider 5 days full time regardless of how many hours DCK was there each day.
Blackcat31 06:35 AM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by twirlerzmom:
Hi, I'm a lurker on here but finally got brave enough to ask for some advice. I have multiple DCK's leaving within the next few months. One family wants 5 days (M-F) mornings only. Would you consider that FT or PT? I'm leaning towards FT since it would be hard to find another family that only wants the M-F afternoons. My policy states 4-5 days is FT but didn't really specify all or partial days. I guess that's something I need to clarify. I did clarify it on my website but not on actual contracts as it's something I just changed within the last few weeks and before I knew of these upcoming openings. Any advice?
Thank you
My answer depends on how you invoice parents....

Do they pay hourly, daily or weekly?

If you charge daily or weekly then it would be full time as you charge PER day. So even if they only use an hour of that day, they still used the day. kwim?
twirlerzmom 08:02 AM 06-21-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My answer depends on how you invoice parents....

Do they pay hourly, daily or weekly?

If you charge daily or weekly then it would be full time as you charge PER day. So even if they only use an hour of that day, they still used the day. kwim?
Thank you.
Yes I charge weekly which is why I was leaning towards full time.
Jupadia 08:13 AM 06-21-2017
I only do part time in regards to how msny days a week a child attends. Though come August I'll be done with part time. Mostly because it just dose not work for me. I can only have 3 DK (plus my 2). So it's hard to do PT spots cause its always hard to find a kid to come the other days. I do charge more for pt care. $45 per day vs 200 per week. Personally I would consider this family full time. Unless you know for a fact you can fill the hours. Also Remember that if the first family leaves then you still have the other family with the diffrent hours and then you have to find someone else to fill the morning slot.
trix23 08:53 PM 06-21-2017
I charge weekly and charge $140 For 2-3 days and $180 for 4-5 days. If they attend 1 hour or 9 hours they pay these rates based on days.
bklsmum 07:00 AM 06-23-2017
I would consider it full time personally.
Reply Up