Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Denied Unemployment Claim
Sunchimes 12:04 PM 04-11-2020
I was able to file a claim on April 2 online. I got a message to call because they needed more information. I have spend endless hours on the phone without getting through. Today, I got the welcome to unemployment message, but it says I did not earn enough money to establish a claim. And, naturally, a phone number to call. Which is, naturally, perpetually busy. Do I just keep calling? Will it straighten itself out as time goes by? Am I just not understanding how this works? The virtual assistant says I should put covid-19 as the reason for layoff, which I did.

Thanks.
TomCopeland 12:06 PM 04-12-2020
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I was able to file a claim on April 2 online. I got a message to call because they needed more information. I have spend endless hours on the phone without getting through. Today, I got the welcome to unemployment message, but it says I did not earn enough money to establish a claim. And, naturally, a phone number to call. Which is, naturally, perpetually busy. Do I just keep calling? Will it straighten itself out as time goes by? Am I just not understanding how this works? The virtual assistant says I should put covid-19 as the reason for layoff, which I did.

Thanks.
Each state has its own rules about unemployment compensation. I don't know why they said you didn't make enough money. That doesn't make sense. It could be because the state's unemployment application form has not been updated to accept self employed people. Wait a few days and try again.
Jo123ABC 05:17 PM 04-12-2020
I was denied too for the same reason
Daycarefamily 05:31 PM 04-12-2020
If I had to guess on what I've read, they deny you at the state level then you get approved under PUA.

https://www.uc.pa.gov/COVID-19/CARES.../PUA-FAQs.aspx.

Sadly the PUA is administered at the state level it seems.
No state that I've read has set it up yet. It maybe weeks. It is supposed to be retroactive though, or maybe not???
TomCopeland 09:43 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Daycarefamily:
If I had to guess on what I've read, they deny you at the state level then you get approved under PUA.

https://www.uc.pa.gov/COVID-19/CARES.../PUA-FAQs.aspx.

Sadly the PUA is administered at the state level it seems.
No state that I've read has set it up yet. It maybe weeks. It is supposed to be retroactive though, or maybe not???
State unemployment benefits are retroactive to when you lost a lot of money. After the state signs their agreement with the federal government, you will get an additional $600 per week from the federal government going forward.
Tags:tom copeland, unemployment, unemployment compensation
Reply Up