Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Week Quarantine...
Pandaluver21 08:19 PM 12-19-2020
I got an e-mail today that I was exposed to someone with Covid and have to quarantine until at least the 26th (if I show no symptoms)
My family is being very careful, and planned on getting together in a small group for Christmas, outside. We can no longer come
I planned our class Christmas Party for Monday, but had to let parents know today that we will be closed all week.

Here's my question:
I have ornaments kids made last week, but we were planning another for Monday, plus parent and kid gifts. Would you offer parents to pick up a "goodie bag" for the kids or just do the part after Christmas? (My parents would not be worried about picking things up from me if left on the porch outside)
284878 09:58 PM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
I got an e-mail today that I was exposed to someone with Covid and have to quarantine until at least the 26th (if I show no symptoms)
My family is being very careful, and planned on getting together in a small group for Christmas, outside. We can no longer come
I planned our class Christmas Party for Monday, but had to let parents know today that we will be closed all week.

Here's my question:
I have ornaments kids made last week, but we were planning another for Monday, plus parent and kid gifts. Would you offer parents to pick up a "goodie bag" for the kids or just do the part after Christmas? (My parents would not be worried about picking things up from me if left on the porch outside)
I think either option would be good.

I personally would just move the party to the 28th, nothing says it has to be before the the 25th.

The kids won't care or know that the party was late. They will have fun either way. You can always change it to a new years party.
284878 10:00 PM 12-19-2020
I just had to quarantine over Thanksgiving. Even though I wasn't planning on going anywhere, it still was a pain.
Josiegirl 02:55 AM 12-20-2020
Well, of all the rotten timing for you. Covid has been such a disruption for everybody but I know it could always be worse. Main thing is you all stay healthy.
As far as what to do, those dcks' ornaments do belong on their families' trees for Christmas so they can be seen and enjoyed. JMO So I tend to go with let the dcfs know their goody bags will be outside waiting for them.

We had to quarantine during that Thanksgiving week as well. But we didn't have anything planned anyways thanks to Covid. I'll be so glad when normal returns.
flying_babyb 02:55 PM 12-20-2020
i would do goodie bags and then decorate the area all pretty like and share a little extra christmas joy!
Pandaluver21 05:21 PM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
I personally would just move the party to the 28th, nothing says it has to be before the the 25th.
Yes, even if we do a goodie bag, we will still have the party when we open up again

Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Well, of all the rotten timing for you.
As far as what to do, those dcks' ornaments do belong on their families' trees for Christmas so they can be seen and enjoyed. JMO So I tend to go with let the dcfs know their goody bags will be outside waiting for them.
Yes, awful timing!!! The person we were exposed to had to cancel all his Christmas plans (was flying out to see family)
I will definitely be putting our their ornaments and some goodies tomorrow, thanks!

Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
i would do goodie bags and then decorate the area all pretty like and share a little extra christmas joy!
We actually put up all our outside lights and decorations today! They will LOVE seeing them when they come grab their bags!
Tags:covid-19 - quarantine, quarantine
Reply Up