Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Drop In Asking For Earlier Drop Off
finsup 09:35 AM 10-08-2017
So I do drop in care but generally within my hours of 7-5. I have a dcm who contacted me last week about care for Monday. Dcg is 2.5, I haven't heard from her since dcg was like 9m old. She originally wanted a spot (when dcg was 9m) but I enrolled a different family instead. she was nice, dcd is crazy but no longer in the picture he was part of the reason I declined. Second reason was a rotating schedule, not being able to give me consistent drop off/pick up times and only wanting to pay for time used. That clearly doesn't work.
Anyways, she asked for drop in last week, I gave her my 7-5 hours and rate. She said she would drop off at 7 and her mom would pick up "before 3." I asked her if she could have her text me when she was on her way so I could wake her from nap and walk her out so my other kids don't get woke up and got the reply "well...signal is really bad." It's not...no one has issues with signal, we live 10 mins from the city. But fine, whatever, I was just like ok well please have her at least try. Then this afternoon I get a message from her asking me to allow drop off at 6:30. I don't open until 7 and I mean, I don't know this kid as a 2.5yr old. I'm slightly worried if I say ok it's going to be a crying screaming mess at 6:30 since kiddo doesn't know me. Plus I'm kind of annoyed that my hours were disregarded and I'm just being asked now. I'm struggling big time with morning sickness so early mornings are tough lately. But I feel bad saying no because it's Sunday afternoon and she needs someone tomorrow. That's not a lot of time to find back up when its only half an hour early :/ But then again, this is a lot of annoyance for one day and not all that much money lol. Would you still do it or just stick to "no drop offs until 7"?
sahm1225 10:17 AM 10-08-2017
Look at it this way: SHE waited until Sunday afternoon to ask about earlier drop Off. If you decline and she's in a bind, it's HER fault. I doubt her work called her just now to ask about coming in earlier!
You are dealing with morning sickness (I had it bad with my pregnancies so I feel for you), so why add more to your plate? Even if it was good money, I would say no. 30 minutes earlier it's a LONG time in the morning.
Unregistered 11:32 AM 10-08-2017
just say no
finsup 01:09 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Look at it this way: SHE waited until Sunday afternoon to ask about earlier drop Off. If you decline and she's in a bind, it's HER fault. I doubt her work called her just now to ask about coming in earlier!
You are dealing with morning sickness (I had it bad with my pregnancies so I feel for you), so why add more to your plate? Even if it was good money, I would say no. 30 minutes earlier it's a LONG time in the morning.
This has been the first pregnancy that's really hit me hard. My other 3 were NOT like this lol. But you're right, she waited this long, that's not my problem. I told her I open at 7, and can't accommodate earlier drop offs. Now a family member will be dropping off at 7. SMH one day should not require so much back and forth lol. Next time I'm going to be full
e.j. 01:12 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
I agree. This is not your problem to solve for her. She'll either make 7:00 work or find someone else to watch her son. If you weren't dealing with morning sickness and you wanted to open early, it would be one thing but since you are, take care of yourself first and foremost. If someone has to feel inconvenienced tomorrow, it might as well be her and not you.
HappyEverAfter 05:27 PM 10-08-2017
I would not open early for her. Do it once and you'll have to always do it. Say no once and she likely won't ask again.
sahm1225 08:00 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by finsup:
This has been the first pregnancy that's really hit me hard. My other 3 were NOT like this lol. But you're right, she waited this long, that's not my problem. I told her I open at 7, and can't accommodate earlier drop offs. Now a family member will be dropping off at 7. SMH one day should not require so much back and forth lol. Next time I'm going to be full
Im sure you've tried everything, but something about the spices and herbs in Indian food helped!
amberrose3dg 03:56 AM 10-09-2017
NOPE
finsup 05:48 AM 10-09-2017
She got dropped off at 7:20...complete with runny nose, and cough, looking exhausted She doesn't technically meet exclusion requirements but ugh. Next time I am definitely full.
And the person that dropped her off went to my neighbors first (which I'm sure they must have loved this early...they are nice but on disability, the husband definitely has some mental illness going on. Never been a problem, but you can really tell when you talk to him, he answered the door ). But really? The small trailer, the only trailer on our road with NO kid toys in the yard does this really look like the description you were given?! Especially when right next door (we practically share a driveway, so very easy to see) is a huge playground, step 2 climbers, very "kid friendly"...not to mention the house number on the mailbox But yeah how one got the two mixed up?? In the past 6 years, this was a first...
Tags:drop in care, early drop offs
Reply Up